DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Thanks

Dune 3 is a lot of fun to work with and a lot can't stand the gui but it's like one of the perfect ones for me to understand as a beginner sound designer

I'm assuming vst2 was dropped on this version? or previous?
i've only just noticed my vst2 is 3.522 and the vst3 is 3.530.

sqigls wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:52 pm I'm assuming vst2 was dropped on this version? or previous?
i've only just noticed my vst2 is 3.522 and the vst3 is 3.530.
No the VST 2 version was not dropped.

The version numbers are the same for both VST 2 and 3 on PC.

There was a recent update released for Mac so maybe there is some difference but I have no way of checking. The downloads show 3.53 for Mac.

Is it possible that you forgot to check the box in the installer for VST 2 when you last updated ?

You can bring it up on the Synapse forums for clarification.

https://forum.synapse-audio.com/index.p ... a0d849ea07

For those who might not be aware, here's the recent update info for Mac. There was no PC update since all the issues were Mac related:

Bugfixes/Changes:
- NKS support for Silicon machines
- AAX version is now native for Silicon machines as well
- Enabling MIDI 2.0 in Logic should work now and no longer cause silence
- Resizing GUIs could cause crashes in macOS Ventura, fixed.

Obsession also received the same Mac updates.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

there's no vst2 checkbox on the recent mac installer (3.530)

sqigls wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:20 am there's no vst2 checkbox on the recent mac installer (3.530)
Ok I don't own a Mac so wouldn't know but there was no indication on the Synapse forums that the VST 2 version was dropped on Mac. Only the information above was posted.

The VST 2 version still exists on PC so it must be a Mac only issue.

D3 031623-1.png

I brought the issue up, just waiting for a response from Rich or Marcin and like I said you can ask them on the Synapse forums since I don't know if they check here very often.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vst3 seems to be the only vst on the mac (plus the AU, and the AAX plugins)... (am on logic, so the AU works for me)

According to Richard:

"We have to drop it (VST2) for M1, because not only Steinberg drops it, but Native Instruments does as well. NKS will not work on M1 with the VST2. Fixing this and going VST3 here was one reason for the (recent) update to begin with".

Teksonik wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:33 pm According to Richard:

"We have to drop it (VST2) for M1, because not only Steinberg drops it, but Native Instruments does as well. NKS will not work on M1 with the VST2. Fixing this and going VST3 here was one reason for the (recent) update to begin with".
that doesnt mean they have to drop vst2, they could just still have vst2 and vst3 options and steinberg/nks users use vst3. im not fully sure of the difference, but often for me i get bugs with either one so like having both options, as if vst3 doesnt work vst2 often does, i generally have more issues with vst3 in bitwig

As I've said before if anyone has an issue or question then bring it up on the Synapse forum as I don't think they visit here frequently.

You can make your case there why the Mac VST 2 version should be kept.

does it only affect macs so there is still pc vst2?

I wonder if Dune 4 is round the corner, it's been really quiet over at the Synapse HQ.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I think HZ project will be released first

3.6 has been released:
https://www.synapse-audio.com/news-dune36update.html

UHD Skins for high-resolution 4K/5K monitors.
A layer mixer in the Voices section.
Three additional vintage reverb modes.
Full support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
Microtuning support via MTS-ESP.
The bell-shaped EQ gains a second type with a slightly softer shape.
An additional Reverse delay.
Drag'n'Drop support for WAV files.
Copy/Paste Arp function.

:party:
Yo Leroy!

...make Drones now.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Return to “Instruments”