DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Odd Fella wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:05 pm Generally speaking (i.e. not just referring to Dune), Is pulling a slider to min the same as turning it off? Or is the oscillator still running in the background, just quietly?
does it really matter??

if an oscillator is turned all the way down in the forest, does it make a sound?

fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 pm
Odd Fella wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:05 pm Generally speaking (i.e. not just referring to Dune), Is pulling a slider to min the same as turning it off? Or is the oscillator still running in the background, just quietly?
does it really matter??

if an oscillator is turned all the way down in the forest, does it make a sound?
It might make a little difference in terms of CPU usage, no?

Odd Fella wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:17 pm
fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 pm
does it really matter??

It might make a little difference in terms of CPU usage, no?
yes, perhaps a little...

In some (most?) synths, the filters don't self oscillate when there's no input, even when it's completely silent. Dunno how it is in Dune.

I just tried it: It does work with the oscs all turned down, resonance turned up, with most of the "Analog Models" category of filters (AM Polaris, etc.).

fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 pm if an oscillator is turned all the way down in the forest, does it make a sound?
If a man is saying something in a forest and no women can hear him, is he still wrong?

(Dad joke 101)

Jac459 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:39 am
fisherKing wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:14 pm if an oscillator is turned all the way down in the forest, does it make a sound?
If a man is saying something in a forest and no women can hear him, is he still wrong?

(Dad joke 101)
No such a thing that a woman can no hear you!
She will or she will imagine it :cry:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

You can turn an osc off by setting either density or amount to zero, can't recall which. I think osc 2 is set to this by default?

Requires more clicking/tabs etc, so not ideal. Solo/Mute is not really a feature I would use.

The new layer mixer is very handy though, and the new reverbs are very nice.

Nice update, but I was really hoping he made the voice editing available outside unison. It’s such an amazing feature, but imagine if it could be used like Obsession’s voice card offsets.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

seafire wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:26 am You can turn an osc off by setting either density or amount to zero, can't recall which. I think osc 2 is set to this by default?

Requires more clicking/tabs etc, so not ideal. Solo/Mute is not really a feature I would use.

The new layer mixer is very handy though, and the new reverbs are very nice.
It’s zero. I remember because the first time I used Dune I almost reported it as a bug because I couldn’t figure out why an oscillator was turned on, up in the mixer, but not making a sound. :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”