Acustica Audio Ceil free till Feb 14 2019

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thought I share this here (it`s up already):

"From December 19, 2018 through February 14, 2019
you have the opportunity to add an incredible-sounding processor to your studio setup, completely free.
Ceil features a powerful compressor - which can work as a general audio leveler or a full-blown dynamics destroyer
- an incisive EQ section, pan and stereo spread controls, and a preamp.

Ceil is based on a heavily modified British channel strip
that we sampled at the end of 2017 during one of our official workshops - held at a studio near the lake of Como."

Note: It's only available through Aquarius!
http://acustica-audio.com/pages/aquarius
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Hmm, read the Aquarius User Manual before you dive in.
Aquarius User Manual wrote:Aquarius is a macOS and Windows application for 32 bits and 64 bits architecture operating systems.
Prerequisites and System Requirements:
  • • Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
    • Windows 7 or higher.
    • Working Internet connection (offline mode is not possible).
    • Acustica Audio user account (email address should be used as username).
    • SSD or HDD with enough free space to download and install the products.
    • Open internet port 8080.
    • Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.1 available.
Note: on Windows operating systems, Aquarius needs access to system folders, so it run with administrator privileges. Aquarius automatically elevates privileges to administrator at startup, so no additional user action is needed. On macOS operating systems, users will be prompted to enter their username and password for every operation involving system folders.

Important: it is mandatory to close all your audio applications and reboot your operating system before installing or run Aquarius.

Upon startup, Aquarius searches your computer for installed Acustica products and then connects to the Aquarius server in order to retrieve the status of products found.

IMPORTANT: Always keep a back-up of important data (N4 repository, plugin files etc) – backup is strongly recommended before every Aquarius install/update/uninstall operation. Make sure you always keep the latest versions of files safe.
And it's a shopping catalogue too.

Not for me.
Last edited by DarkStar on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks

Darkstar

That true?

(And is that true for their other products also, or is this some kind of condition to use it for free?)

I do highly recommend people who usually avoid Acustica Audio plugins check this out. It's free after all.. a good way to sample the current technology.

It's quite flexible and can definitely be useful. Not sure how close to the hardware it is as they say it's based on a heavily modified unit. I also don't really remember how the hardware sounded even though I've used the original ISA 430 channel strip thing from Focusrite many years ago. As usual with Focusrite stuff I do recall it being quite clean and perhaps a bit "boring" sounding but a good workhorse for basic tasks.

@DarkStar: Well it's your loss. Aquarius itself as an application is extremely lean and not at all bloated. Yes it is a shopping catalogue but it's about as benign as it can get (unlike something like Custom Shop from IK which is a huge bloated mess in comparison). It's about 32mb in size on windows (not counting the installer files for the individual plugins that can be huge of course and are stored in a "staging area" in the Aquarius folder.. but these can be deleted after you've installed the plugin).

The plugin IS completely free without any strings attached at the moment,though it does require a licence (an automatic process if online) over Aquarius which means the usual license juggling hassle if you want to install the plugin on an offline computer.

Still, a very worthy free plugin in my opinion.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

dermage wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 pm
That true?

(And is that true for their other products also, or is this some kind of condition to use it for free?)
This is only for installing the plugin. I do think there is a way to get the licence to an offline computer. Basically you can turn on your internet, install aquarius and install the plugin and then turn off the internet. A connection is NOT required to run the plugin itself.. only to get hold of the installer and licence file.

DarkStar wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:34 pm
And it's a shopping catalogue too.

Not for me.
Me neither ... especially after my experience with their other free plugins, and then being attacked by Zaphod for reporting the issues on KVR (the thread has now been deleted).

And there is no uninstaller for Aquarius... Didn't even realize it was on my system until I was in the process of removing Violet CM which I found to be totally unusable even with a powerful system.

Don't understand the hype...

Bugged download manager has conflict with certain characters in password, change password to just letters & numbers and it will work okay
Last edited by Digivolt on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

"From December 19, 2018 through February 14, 2019"

Does this mean it's "yours to keep" if you get it during this time, or is it essentially a 60 day demo?

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm Does this mean it's "yours to keep" if you get it during this time, or is it essentially a 60 day demo?
It means you have until Feb. 14th to claim a full license for free, and after that it goes on sale for anyone who missed the free period.

Near as I can tell, anyway.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm "From December 19, 2018 through February 14, 2019"

Does this mean it's "yours to keep" if you get it during this time, or is it essentially a 60 day demo?
Was a bit confused as well, in reply a Giancarlo quote on GS:

"this time everything is simple:
you open aquarius
(and if it is the first time you register there creating an account with two only fields) and ceil is there.
You install. Period.
After 14-2 it will be converted to a full license with 2 licenses and 5 slots for every account you registered"
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

lachrimae wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:58 pm And there is no uninstaller for Aquarius... Didn't even realize it was on my system until I was in the process of removing Violet CM which I found to be totally unusable even with a powerful system.

Don't understand the hype...
At least on my two windows systems there is an uninstaller in the Aquarius folder.

Yowser, thanks for the word and to Acustica. :party: :tu: :tu:
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omkar wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:54 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:31 pm "From December 19, 2018 through February 14, 2019"

Was a bit confused as well, in reply a Giancarlo quote on GS:

"this time everything is simple:
you open aquarius
(and if it is the first time you register there creating an account with two only fields) and ceil is there.
You install. Period.
After 14-2 it will be converted to a full license with 2 licenses and 5 slots for every account you registered"
Seems like it's worth it in that case. If I start using it, it won't expire and hold my projects ransom, and if I don't use it, well no loss since it was free.

I have tried their free Tan compressor, but found that it introduced a huge amount of latency. Don't know if that's specific to their "sampling" technique or a problem with my system.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”