TERRATEC KOMPLEXER

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,
I have just written to the sales department of TERRATEC with the request to provide the Komplexer as freeware. I'll contact you if there is an answer.
For all the Komplexer do not know. Its structure is very similar to the Waldorf Largo and can load sounds of the MicroQ. It also supports its own wavetables that can be created with our tool Audioterm.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

i wrote them once to get the mac drivers and the editor software for AREA61 midi keyboard with included audiointerface up to date and they never replied. AREA61 includes Komplexer btw.

"It dreamed itself along"

On Mac? afiak it was only a Windows plugin (or do you mean it runs in the keyboard somehow?)
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mac version was included incl. serial and it worked like a charm with the keyboard (mapping), which is incredibly well built. it is a shame, they let terratec producer go bankrupt and didn't maintain AREA61. i use the keys, which have dual aftertouch, via midi cable.
"It dreamed itself along"

Wow it looks like they announced there was going to be a Mac version then went defunct and never released it so it must only have been made available to Mac users of that Keyboard. You are lucky, I sold mine when I moved to Mac (but bought Largo instead)

PietW. wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 pm Hi Guys,
I have just written to the sales department of TERRATEC with the request to provide the Komplexer as freeware. I'll contact you if there is an answer.
Hopeless case in my opinion. 32-bit only, existing bugs, the company doesn't exist for a long time... what would be the benefit for the people involved?

Don't get me wrong, i really like Komplexer, IMO, one of the top soft synths ever. But, i really can't see how it will be released as freeware. Good luck for your request anyway, i hope you keep us updated.

For anyone interested in Komplexer, i'd recommend Largo. Very similar architecture, has both wavetables Komplexer has, and it's 64-bit and actively maintained as well.

Pretty sure it was coded by Waldorf anyway. I thought Terratec went out of business long time ago.
No signature here!

The complexer is what the largo should have become. Waldorf is not able to bring a wavetable editor for Blofeld and the Largo can not own wavetables. A shame and what has Waldorf released for updates for Largo? Nothing new for years. Neither Nave or the PPG 3.V or Largo are maintained.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm
PietW. wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:20 pm Hi Guys,
Hopeless case in my opinion. 32-bit only, existing bugs, the company doesn't exist for a long time... what would be the benefit for the people involved?

Don't get me wrong, i really like Komplexer, IMO, one of the top soft synths ever. But, i really can't see how it will be released as freeware. Good luck for your request anyway, i hope you keep us updated.
What bugs and where is the 32bit problem? I can work very well with Komplexer. Also with a 64bit OS. Reaper e.g. works without problems.
Anyway. Also, I am very curious what happens.

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 pm Pretty sure it was coded by Waldorf anyway. I thought Terratec went out of business long time ago.
Even updates for the Komplexer are offered here.

https://www.terratec.de/index.php?lang=en

PietW. wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 pm Pretty sure it was coded by Waldorf anyway. I thought Terratec went out of business long time ago.
Even updates for the Komplexer are offered here.

https://www.terratec.de/index.php?lang=en
I have Komplexer for sale - anybody interested? In original box with manuals etc.

PietW. wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:20 pm The complexer is what the largo should have become. Waldorf is not able to bring a wavetable editor for Blofeld and the Largo can not own wavetables. A shame and what has Waldorf released for updates for Largo? Nothing new for years. Neither Nave or the PPG 3.V or Largo are maintained.
Waldorf was working in the software for a while, but last years they decated completely to Quantum. I hope that Quantum becomes successful, and they can get back to give software some attention.

Regarding Largo, I had this talk with Wolfram Franke many years ago. They were thinking in releasing a wavetable editor, but then Wolfram left, and I think everything regarding softare was just relegated to low priority.
Fernando (FMR)

It wasn't.
Fernando (FMR)

The Terratec KOMPLEXER is a softsynth with an architecture similar to the microQ. Indeed the synth engine has been developed by Stefan Stenzel of Stadler Electro, the R&D head of Waldorf Music. Despite all the similarities it is not based on the microQ code.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”