Vanguard 64 bit re-release ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

I wonder if there is any interest in this. I missed out on this synth and the Youtube videos suggest it was pretty decent. Any chance of this ever being re-released and for 64 bit ?

Or is it not enough of a classic synth to warrant interest ?

There were lot of threads in here in the last decade and it never happened. I would love to see that, too :P

nevermind

Synthman2000 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:30 pm I wonder if there is any interest in this.
Not from me. As far as i know, Vanguard is from Markus from Tone2, and, they have released a lot of synths after that.

I can't judge it personally, but, some people find that Gladiator has a similar vibe to Vanguard: https://www.tone2.com/gladiator3.html

Yes those two are much alike.

A new Vanguard is not going to happen. It is similar when Rob Papen stopped dev on Albino with Linplug, then released Predator under his own company.

Tone2 Gladiator is your best bet.

i still use it and love it. until something 64bit only comes out that blows my socks off,
im sticking with what works for me.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I thought it had something to do with the guy from Vengeance and not Tone2. Anyway ... they were gonna make a 64 bit version ... and then they didn't make it. Don't hold your breath. I tried and it almost killed me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I have both Vanguard and Gladiator. They are similar. Something special about Vanguard for sure...I guess I can say the same for Albino over Predator as well. Could just be nostalgia, ha.

Ok thanks for the info.

It was announced in a newsletter back in the days but then after many years of announcing and annoying customers, the whole product got discontinued. Dick move and they got punished for that. Anyways I remember too from many threads and a dev from refx that Markus from Tone2 wrote Vanguard and took this code with him as he left. So no 64bit version of it ever.

I tried out Gladiator yesterday (always wanted to give it a go). Let's just say that its age shows a bit. :) I think their other synths definitely have better filters. The development really shows (and, once again, the people arguing their synths all sound the same should really be nailed to the wall... did they even try the synths?...).

@Soundplex: I highly doubt that he "took the code with him". In general, it's rather a matter of who claims ownership of the product. If refx does, Markus can hardly take the code with him, without refx's allowance. But, of course he will have many things in his head, and takes those with him.

Mostly, dropping software is rather to avoid showing a state of tech which is obsolete. I wouldn't sell a 32-bit only plugin nowadays either, which has been surpassed by many, many plugins after that.

I'm pretty sure aciddose (who worked for refx IIRC) wrote about their relationship (Markus wan't just a coder, I thought he and Michael were co-founders) and the way code was shared/managed/maintained. Could also be they just arranged for "not touching" the code anymore or Markus took away some of the rights to "his" technology which was necessary for Vanguard to run. Would be cool to find this thread again.

I love Vanguard but seeing as I will have to move to Catalina soon, 32-bit will be no more :-(.

I looked at Gladiator but , even slightly discounted at the mo, it's too pricey for me.
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=362060&p=7925079&hi ... d#p7925079

Also August 2020:
Markus Krause wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 am
refx vanguard
This name will not be used, since Mike recently licensed my sourcecodes for Vanguard2. :wink
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”