Bitwig Studio 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll have to give GRID a bit more attention. I've just played with the Clavia Modular G2 demo and I felt like it was so easy to just use right away, compared with MAX, Reaktor, VCV, Cherry Audio, etc.

GRID might be a bit closer with Nord's model. I like all those tools I mentioned, in fact I think VCV is clearly the masterpiece out of these and I don't think GRID can possibly compete in terms of pure mayhem potential.

That said, the reason I thought the G2 Modular demo was so refreshing was that it was so fast and really just based around making music. AKA, an instrument first, an experimental sound design "tool" second. You just pull shit out and hook it up easy really, and it feels very fluid.

GRID definitely reminds me of that philosophy. So did the Audulus which was recommended by some guy who worships the Nord Modular./

I definitely think I need to reconsider Grid. There is more to it than meets the eye so long as you actually learn it. I kind of wish Bitwig would develop the core potential of their DAW a tad more.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 pm Ah ok, xbitz what you did there with the audio sidechain seems to be the same effect as just using a Grid FX device after a VST and then setting the stack on the Grid FX device. I actually I didn't realize until now that you could stack the Grid FX (since you can't stack Bitwig effects devices). And it has the same effect, so yeah it's basically splitting the signal into parallel layers, much like an FX layer, if you were to manually duplicate the devices in the grid for each layer.

So that's really cool. It isn't really correct to think that there is VST integration into the grid any more than just being placed before or after on a track, but still cool.
ofc. the big thing is the sampler in Grid, so if u sampling VSTi can create not just parallel fx routes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oec1V2SeI
but full layering, lovely stuff
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

after some testing I think Grid is some 500 times better than Reaktor Blocks, which I don't think I'll be touching again.

I think it's more comparable with Nord Modular from what I've tried.

That said I think Voltage Modular and VCV are superior, but I think Grid is much more fun to just boot up and use. I don't really like the traditional "fake module" graphics from VCV, Voltage, and Softube Modular. I like the Nord, Grid, and Audulus approach to graphics.

mxbf wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:25 am I definitely think I need to reconsider Grid. There is more to it than meets the eye so long as you actually learn it. I kind of wish Bitwig would develop the core potential of their DAW a tad more.
Perhaps you've already seen it, but worth going through it all if you didn't:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/home/news-arc ... rials.html
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”