IL FLEX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

functionform wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 pm Crossed fingers for resynthesis :pray:
I'd rather they make Harmor 2! There are bunch of things I think they could add to Harmor that would take it over the top. Plus, some UI touch ups could go very far to make it easier to learn. I'm finally learning it now after having it for more than a year and it's incredible.
Good solid point. Agreed!

Some GUI improvements and other surprises would certainly take Harmor to another level. This would be quite a feat considering the synthesis level it is already on!

Examigan wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm Are there any screenshots of this one yet?
FLEX-Reference.gif
Certainly more advanced than some preset players, guess a lot will depend those macros on how flexible it is. And if maybe there are more effects choices (an earlier micro-shot read 'Fake' where 'Delay' now is)?
I think we're to get a quick preview of the full editor version FLEXXX in the upcoming preview videos in the coming weeks.

If Gol's a consultant I can only hope the full thing will be more of a Sytrus 2, or that such a synth like it (or Harmor 2) will one day appear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

whannel wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:43 am
Examigan wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:27 pm Are there any screenshots of this one yet?
FLEX-Reference.gif

Certainly more advanced than some preset players, guess a lot will depend those macros on how flexible it is. And if maybe there are more effects choices (an earlier micro-shot read 'Fake' where 'Delay' now is)?
I think we're to get a quick preview of the full editor version FLEXXX in the upcoming preview videos in the coming weeks.

If Gol's a consultant I can only hope the full thing will be more of a Sytrus 2, or that such a synth like it (or Harmor 2) will one day appear.
Actually looks rather nice, I don't really use a Rompler, but i mean...It's free :party: . I'll have to mess with it a Bit when it comes out.

Given the Popularity of FL Studio I eagerly await one of the Flex Presets becoming the new Cookie Cutter Modern Talking :hihi: :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

IL have released a demo video for Flex: https://www.image-line.com/documents/ne ... 1555286065

It's available in the latest Beta!

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm It doesn't surprise me that since Gol defended that silly "Fruity Dance" plugin or whatever you want to call the creepy thing he would then go on to play with Legos.
I add that plugin to almost every contest entry! It's a must-have! Plus I've hacked the sprite sheet to feature Nyan cat.

sjm wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:38 pm It doesn't surprise me that since Gol defended that silly "Fruity Dance" plugin or whatever you want to call the creepy thing he would then go on to play with Legos.
I add that plugin to almost every contest entry! It's a must-have! Plus I've hacked the sprite sheet to feature Nyan cat.
Must have if you're a 12 year old Manga freak......... :lol:
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm
Must have if you're a 12 year Manga freak......... :lol:
I think the term you're looking for is weeb :clown:

I had to look up weeb but yes that seems pretty accurate. :P

The thing is FL Studio has fought for years to rid itself of the "toy" label and when people see borderline pedophilic images of anime dancers it just reinforces the notion that FL is geared towards kids.

FL Studio is a powerful, feature rich DAW that doesn't need such silly gimmicks.

Anyway I'm giving the Flex demo a go and there are some really nice instantly usable sounds. But I can hear it now "I can't program my own sounds so it's cheating waaaaa".

For those who want instantly usable sounds to use in their music this will be a great synth. For those of you who mistakenly think a Rompler isn't a synth and think you have to program every sound from INIT then I think you will be somewhat uninterested.

I love making my own patches but I've already heard a bunch of sounds in Flex that I would use in my own music in a heartbeat without feeling the least bit guilty or feeling like it's "cheating" at all.

I think Flex will be a great synth especially as more and more content is added over time. If the original sounds are any indication we can expect high quality content going forward.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nice overview video from In The Mix, he says to think of it more like Nexus where you can adjust the preset to sit better in your mix. I'm looking forward to a FLEXXX version where we can make our own presets :D
My guess would be that FLEX is part of the FL ecosystem and won't be available as a VST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAUj3lvW3A

Ranoka wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am he says to think of it more like Nexus where you can adjust the preset to sit better in your mix.
I like the "In the Mix guy". He's a great source for FL Studio knowledge.

I think he's right that Flex seems to have fired a shot across the bow of Nexus. If future Flex content is of high quality at fair prices I expect it might take a bite out of Nexus sales.

It's too early to tell for sure but so far I'm very impressed with Flex both in concept and content. :tu:

:hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 pm
Ranoka wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am he says to think of it more like Nexus where you can adjust the preset to sit better in your mix.
I like the "In the Mix guy". He's a great source for FL Studio knowledge.

I think he's right that Flex seems to have fired a shot across the bow of Nexus. If future Flex content is of high quality at fair prices I expect it might take a bite out of Nexus sales.

It's too early to tell for sure but so far I'm very impressed with Flex both in concept and content. :tu:
+1

New insights now it’s out there?
Also love the fact FL can be used as AU.

Love this thing. Definitely targeted at preset-hos, but let's be real, there's a little preset-ho in all of us, and this has a very high ratio of usable presets to random nonsense. Also, if you're into 808s, they are cleeeeeeeeeeeeean, even the dirty ones if that makes sense. Tossing most of my Kontakt 808s for these.

Return to “Instruments”