Camel alchemy vs logic alchemy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Alchemy Mobile Alchemy Player Logic Pro

Does the apple version include all the paid for soundpacks ie luftrum ambient , dream voices , junkie xl etc that excisted in the camel version?

It includes bits of some of them (updated), I have found patches from Dream Voices for example, not sure about the others but I haven't really done an exhaustive search. However, if you own the originals it does support legacy banks, so I have access to my Alchemy complete collection.

what has changed on alchemy, if you compare to the old version soundwise and feature wise, does the new version offers something special, or is the difference to our old Version less noticable ?

For playing legacy libraries they still seem to sound the same but for new material it has much better resynthesis available, new spectral fx and revamped filters and effects, plus some interface improvements, you can give the remix pads qualitative descriptors for example instead of just 1-8, which is really useful. Native MPE support is cool too. Overall it's quite a step up from the old version.

Only downside is scales are now supported in Logic itself, but no longer on a per-patch basis which is a pain. Also sample format suport, except in legacy banks, is now based on EXS not SFZ.

But as they added so many parameters in v2 some of the snapshots of legacy libraries will sound different/wrong. Not a showstopper though.

Also spectral morphing has improved drastically in v2 and there is also automatic marker detection which aligns samples with different lengths for the purpose of morphing. And the FM filter in v2 is also very cool.

Yeah, morphing is also a bit more like in Cameleon in some ways (just higher quality) with the 3 morph 'colours'

There's been a lot of work to Alchemy - just check out the release/update notes for all the improvements done...

Haven't given Alchemy a go in Logic even tho I used to own it separately. Gonna have a look now, thanks to this thread.

Alchemy 2 is a huge step up from v1. There are so many new features and improved sound in certain areas...

One little mentioned feature is the superb signal routing to the multiple effect busses, which should allow for some extra intricate multi-layered sounds.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

The Logic version has a lot more going on but also missing some major features from the latest old Camel Audio version 1.55 (for me at least) like importing waveforms and microtuning via .tun files.
Beside that it is my favorite (hybrid)synth from all i ever used.

And re-synthesized/granular sound sources can now be multi-sampled reducing/eliminating the artifacts, especially with spectral re-synthesis and granular synthesis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57bFzth6yc

I really need to stop chasing the "ooo shiny" and really dig in to this thing, which is right there in front of me and free (considering I bought Logic). Funny how that works :)

@Stokely, Absolutely. Even after all these years I keep being surprised by Alchemy.
I’ve been experimenting with the spectral engine lately. Difficult to tame but can be very rewarding.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Damn. Logic has the best stock instruments to date.

Return to “Instruments”