Budget Audio Interface

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Armadillo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 pm If you have a Bluetooth card, or anything which has to do with wireless, it could be that as well. It's pretty hard to figure out though, so, if you can't be bothered, i'd just go for a new interface indeed. No idea why some interfaces are prone to get disturbed while others don't.
Nope.
I had a look in Device manager and Network and Internet settings and I don't have anything wireless.
Many builtin LAN chips are just dumb devices and require more CPU cycles. Disable it from BIOS/UEFI, and see if dropout goes away. Personally, I don't trust anything other than Intel chipset for gigabit LAN cards.

xenofungus wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 am
Armadillo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:30 pm If you have a Bluetooth card, or anything which has to do with wireless, it could be that as well. It's pretty hard to figure out though, so, if you can't be bothered, i'd just go for a new interface indeed. No idea why some interfaces are prone to get disturbed while others don't.
Nope.
I had a look in Device manager and Network and Internet settings and I don't have anything wireless.
Many builtin LAN chips are just dumb devices and require more CPU cycles. Disable it from BIOS/UEFI, and see if dropout goes away. Personally, I don't trust anything other than Intel chipset for gigabit LAN cards.
I just tried to disable LAN in the BIOS, but then my ethernet connection is disabled, so I can't really do that.
According to the manual for my mobo (Asus Z170 pro gaming), it does have an Intel Gigabit lan chipset.

Thanks anyway.
I'll probably just get the ID4, unless a large sum of cash lands in my lap, in which case I'll get the Babyface Pro.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:59 amThey all should have Windows 10 drivers (i know for certain the UR22 mk2 does, and, it works perfectly on Win 10).
I don't think any of my interface devices have specific Win10 drivers, they all seem to work perfectly well on the drivers I was using under Win7 and Win8.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Any final thoughts?

Based on price, decided to buy either Focusrite Scarlett Solo or Behringer UMC 202HD. On paper, Behringer looks better.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”