Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 am
Monkey Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:30 amI was quite-shocked to read some of the comments about Trevor.

For the record, he's been extremely-honest, patient and very-polite when dealing with me through several support tickets over a period of 3 or 4 months. I couldn't find fault with the manner in which he handled my tickets if my life depended on it.
So what do you think is that he confirmed in that message quoted earlier? It was a very straight, simple question (can monthly voucher be used to reduce Byome->Triad upgrade price), but the way he responded in unambiguous at best, if not outright misleading.
Well, firstly he's right that the voucher will be able to be used for the "Owner of BYOME" offer in his account. I've done this sort of thing many times.

He was also right to say that the account offer will always be available to the customer. It's obvious to me that he wasn't aware of the temporary-price stuff-up, which has apparently been corrected since Michael raised the issue with PA, so when he said, "that offer", he would have assumed, as one would, that the offer was correct in its value; we know it wasn't of course.

Thank you for so-politley asking what I thought of the email, mate. I hadn't even bothered to read the link earlier, such is my faith in Trevor and that I know he'll always try to do the right thing, but looking at it now, the explanations above are what occurred to me immediately. Hope I haven't missed anything important.

I might just add that in my experience any time folks have missed out on something due to a PA error, they've been looked after via support ticket. I and a fella over at GS who I reassured and encouraged to open a ticket being the most-recent examples I can think of. In both our cases we missed out on deals we'd been waiting for because of the recent email glitches PA was experiencing; there was a period between December 2018 and February 2019 when for all its efforts, PA couldn't figure out why sale mailouts weren't reaching a handful of customers, of which I was one. Two months in a row Trevor issued generous vouchers to me to compensate for the automated offers I failed to receive; I only had to let him know, and he never argued or questioned my sincerity; he simply compensated me, no questions asked.

Same thing happened to that GS fella after he followed my advice to contact PA and explain what'd happened to him.

I can only speak from my experience, and as I've said, the company's been great in all its dealings with me, which AFAICR have involved Trevor every time.

BDeep wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:51 am Pretty sure there's two ways to do this in Live, one with multiple tracks and the other with the use of an effects rack and for instance compressor set the "listen to sidechain" with in the sidechain the auxiliary outputs of Triad.
Not behind my DAW right now, will check later.
thanks will check it out. but if you have more detailed information. i use ableton live 10 suite more often than ever... i have it only for 2 months... so not all is clear for me in ableton, but i am getting there.

Oh yeah, no prob, will update with extra info later. It's just that my client probably prefers me to keep me busy with his items first :D

Monkey Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 amThank you for so-politley asking what I thought of the email, mate. I hadn't even bothered to read the link earlier, such is my faith in Trevor and that I know he'll always try to do the right thing, but looking at it now, the explanations above are what occurred to me immediately. Hope I haven't missed anything important.
I've no idea whether you're being sarcastic or serious, but my issue with Trevor's reply is that he addressed 1st and 3rd question, but didn't reply to what was key in that exchange - whether it will be possible to use monthly voucher to bring down price of BYOME -> TRIAD upgrade.

Notice how by saying "if you want to wait until July vouchers come out it's not a problem" he actually says nothing (because obviously user can upgrade whenever), but it can be construed as a positive reply to the 2nd question.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

BDeep wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:24 am Oh yeah, no prob, will update with extra info later. It's just that my client probably prefers me to keep me busy with his items first :D
haha, thanks. i try to help others too, when i can. sometimes messing around, takes more time, than to simply ask it, or google it. or RTFM..... i can do it myself, but hey, today i am lazy....

MAD GOOD!

antic604 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:32 am
Monkey Man wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 amThank you for so-politley asking what I thought of the email, mate. I hadn't even bothered to read the link earlier, such is my faith in Trevor and that I know he'll always try to do the right thing, but looking at it now, the explanations above are what occurred to me immediately. Hope I haven't missed anything important.
I've no idea whether you're being sarcastic or serious, but my issue with Trevor's reply is that he addressed 1st and 3rd question, but didn't reply to what was key in that exchange - whether it will be possible to use monthly voucher to bring down price of BYOME -> TRIAD upgrade.

Notice how by saying "if you want to wait until July vouchers come out it's not a problem" he actually says nothing (because obviously user can upgrade whenever), but it can be construed as a positive reply to the 2nd question.
I'm not being sarcastic man; it's not how I roll.

I still see nothing wrong with what he said 'cause the June monthlies aren't being sent out. PA is skipping this month, just as it usually does in December, so his talking about waiting 'til July is spot-on, unless of course, once again, I've missed something.

Likely you’re not looking for a reply from PA Customer Service, but from the Marketing Department.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

If in doubt, just ask him again. Why discussing this here, if he / or PA marketing can answer this question. Ask until you get a answer which says yes or not. I'm really not getting it how people put meaning into emails which have been written personally and he probably missed a point or misunderstood the question. Never happened to anyone else I guess :)

I bet he answers hundreds of emails a day.

dermage wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 am If in doubt, just ask him again. Why discussing this here, if he / or PA marketing can answer this question. Ask until you get a answer which says yes or not. I'm really not getting it how people put meaning into emails which have been written personally and he probably missed a point or misunderstood the question. Never happened to anyone else I guess :)

I bet he answers hundreds of emails a day.
He did the same thing to me on purpose. Over and over he would reply with irrelevent answers to questions I didn't even ask instead of answering my very simple question... like he was following some script meant to avoid what I was questioning. He was pretending ignorance and it really pissed me off. I even tried opening a new support ticket to get away from the guy but apparently he is their only support staff.

He knows exactly what he is doing. He knew what I was asking and had me going for over a week back and forth wasting my time until I finally gave up and just started selling my PA stuff in hopes of getting away from them permanently.

He actually should be in marketing instead. He's a master manipulator in my opinion.

@thelizard

Found another problem:
If I duplicate an effects track with Triad on it in Bitwig Studio 2.5.1 or 3.0 Beta 5, the duplicated instance on the new track crashes.
I can simply reload the plugin (thanks to Bitwigs sandboxing) but this shouldn't happen (and doesn't with any other plugin I use).

Windows 8.1 x64, i7 6core, 64 GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2080 TI.
If you need more info please PM me.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

SAW75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm He knows exactly what he is doing. He knew what I was asking and had me going for over a week back and forth wasting my time until I finally gave up and just started selling my PA stuff in hopes of getting away from them permanently.
I don’t want to sound like a dick, but it looks like you are failing in that attempt.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 pm I don’t want to sound like a dick, but it looks like you are failing in that attempt.
I don’t understand what you are saying? I am failing at what? Selling my PA plugs? I’ve sold 5 plugs so far and even made a few bucks profit... if that’s what you are trying to say then maybe you are a dick.... or just stupid.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 pm
SAW75 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm He knows exactly what he is doing. He knew what I was asking and had me going for over a week back and forth wasting my time until I finally gave up and just started selling my PA stuff in hopes of getting away from them permanently.
I don’t want to sound like a dick, but it looks like you are failing in that attempt.
:lol:

I dont think anywhere on their site says they have to give anyone vouchers. I think its more of,a,courtesy

Return to “Effects”