Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah the price of progress... Ventura was kind of a must-have update for those bought into the full Apple ecosystem due to integrations between Ventura and the latest iOS/TVOS/HomePodOS versions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone from Unfiltered says "we're on it" because it's sitting in my cart waiting to be checked out.

Hey all: I wanted to share that Michael from UA replied to my support email in less than 24h with a build that fixed this Ventura crash. Talk about amazing customer service. Fantastic. Plugin Alliance is prepping a release, but I'm unsure of when it's expected.

Nice! That’s awesome to hear, good on UA.

Btw if you don’t have SILO, get SILO. Takes a minute to get your head around but once you do it’s amazingly good, maybe their best plugin.
Last edited by trackbout on Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man, the shit y'all put up with from Apple, it really blows my mind. How can the benefits possibly outweigh half your crucial stuff breaking like twice a year.

Kudos to devs like UA that keep stepping up again and again (and again). They make Sisyphus look like a lightweight.

Heh, as a former Windows DAW owner for MANY years I recall pretty much every vendor making a big deal about not updating to Windows 7, 8, etc. and taking forever to regain compatibility. Overall I’ve found my Apple experience FAR more stable than my Windows one. But that’s for another thread.

I for sure don’t have my head wrapped around Silo. My plan was to pick up a bunch of these during the holiday sale, but PA had some sort of checkout error and nuked the voucher I was going to use, quadrupling the price. I am hoping I hear back from them before 12/31.

I actually really liked both Needlepoint and Lo-Fi AF along with Triad. I demoed Silo and Tails and they didn’t land for me. But maybe it’s just because I don’t know how to get the best out of them.

lightsfadelow wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:54 am Heh, as a former Windows DAW owner for MANY years I recall pretty much every vendor making a big deal about not updating to Windows 7, 8, etc. and taking forever to regain compatibility.
I don't remember that - and it certainly isn't true AT ALL either. I have hundreds of plugins. I have been using plugins for 20 years now. I was on XP then and the only OS update I skipped was Vista. NEVER, not even once, did a single plugin (or a host for that matter) stop working after an OS update. That just doesn't happen in Windows-land.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

wasi wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:04 am Man, the shit y'all put up with from Apple, it really blows my mind. How can the benefits possibly outweigh half your crucial stuff breaking like twice a year.

Kudos to devs like UA that keep stepping up again and again (and again). They make Sisyphus look like a lightweight.
Much appreciated. It's a bit confusing really... I mean, they did a complete architecture shift with Apple Silicon, but Rosetta 2 was amazingly stable and fast for preserving existing, non-native apps. Yet, a pretty minor OS update (ooh! Updated settings menu!) ends up causing so many headaches.

Anyway, yes, the Ventura bug affected BYOME, LION, and Triad. A less critical bug was spotted in Zip. All four are patched and on PA's servers. If you need a patch sooner, just send us an email.

Thanks again to UA for the very speedy response!

jens wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:21 pm
lightsfadelow wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:54 am Heh, as a former Windows DAW owner for MANY years I recall pretty much every vendor making a big deal about not updating to Windows 7, 8, etc. and taking forever to regain compatibility.
I don't remember that - and it certainly isn't true AT ALL either. I have hundreds of plugins. I have been using plugins for 20 years now. I was on XP then and the only OS update I skipped was Vista. NEVER, not even once, did a single plugin (or a host for that matter) stop working after an OS update. That just doesn't happen in Windows-land.
That's untrue, though it is a lot more rare in the Windows world. I've had UVI/MOTU's Ethno Instrument die on me and Wayoutware's synths fail.

Back in the 90s, I was a super Apple evangelist. I remember laughing at my manager because he'd indignantly toss the Mac installer disks at me when we got in new software to demo. MIDI Clyde... I miss that guy. Anyway, he hated Apple, for some reason, but ultimately the end of the story was always me getting the software installed and up and running, while he was struggling to get it to work on the store's PC. I'd always tease him by saying crap like, "hey Clyde, when you get off with customer support, come over here and check this out!" He usually would answer, "you're fired." :lol: Good times. I used to tell people, "if you want something that just works, get the Apple."

Now... no. I mean, yes, in a way, but ultimately if you have actual work to do... no. They are great for phones, tablets and whatnot, but for a serious music machine, I wouldn't bother with them. I'll take my lesser performing, but still blazing, PC over a Mac any day.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

It’s amazing how easily any topic can somehow veer into the Apple-Windows posturing. I’m glad everyone is happy with their choice of platform and believes that theirs is the one true way to get music done. Since the bug was fixed almost as soon as it was discovered, we can get back t talking about Triad. Let’s enjoy some great plugins!

True story: I cried the day I found out Steve Jobs died. He was Apple. Apple died too, the corpse is just having a hard time falling over. OK, thanks for tolerating that. Let's enjoy some great plugins!

Return to “Effects”