SIR3 reverb plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SIR3

The long-awaited successor of the famous SIR2 reverb plugin. Audio samples on the webpage sound great and it has 0 samples of latency.

33 excellent HDIR models
SIR3 now comes with 33 excellent HDIR models made by Pinguin Ingenieurbüro from Hamburg.
The models are known for their high dynamic range and their exact natural fidelity.

Modulation section
The plugin was improved on almost every aspect. The very flexible modulation section allows you transform certain parts (head or tail section) in the time domain. It contains a multi-stage delay with random pitch modulation and random amplitude modulation in the feedback path.

Dynamics section
Transform the audio signal with a rich set of dynamic processing opportunities like gating and ducking. So you can do things like gated reverberation, or ducking the wet signal with the dry signal, directly inside the plugin.

In addition, the possibilities of envelope processing were further expanded. Use a Volume, Low-Pass, High-Pass, Width and Pan-Envelope to modify the impulse in a natural or creative way.

Furthermore, the software works with very low CPU consumption and zero-latency processing.

SIR3 is available for Mac OS X and Windows in Audio Unit, AAX, VST2 and VST3 plugin formats.

More information at:
https://www.siraudiotools.com/SIR3.php
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

How does the deconvolution (is that the term - the turning of an IR into the reverb sound anyway!) engine of SIR compare to that of alternatives (e.g. Melda's MConvolutionMB, AudioThing's Fog Convolver). The modulation, damping and dynamics section looks interesting but not sure if it's $189 interesting if I already both previously mentioned VSTs

Always heard both SIR and Altiverb to be the king and queens of convolution VSTs but wasn't sure if tech had moved on and nowadays every other convolution reverb VST is at the same level.

mcbpete wrote:The modulation, damping and dynamics section looks interesting but not sure if it's $189 interesting
Don't forget that if you sign up for the news letter you get a 25% discount.

I just upgraded from SIR 2 so I got it for about 50 euro with the discount.

And I must say that this is now one very cool Convolution Reverb. Everything just seems right.

Resizeable GUI, Great modulation possibilities and saving and browsing presets is very easy.

And my CPU loves it :hihi:

I am now officially a SIR 3 fanboi :clown:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:42 pm
mcbpete wrote:The modulation, damping and dynamics section looks interesting but not sure if it's $189 interesting
Don't forget that if you sign up for the news letter you get a 25% discount.

I just upgraded from SIR 2 so I got it for about 50 euro with the discount.

And I must say that this is now one very cool Convolution Reverb. Everything just seems right.

Resizeable GUI, Great modulation possibilities and saving and browsing presets is very easy.

And my CPU loves it :hihi:

I am now officially a SIR 3 fanboi :clown:
Cheers SBJ!

About to pull the trigger for the upgrade as well.

Great new features to explore with my go-to verb.

:clap:

Took the plunge and bought it yesterday - One thing I'm a little disappointed about is the lack of drag-and-drop of IRs from my DAW..... Unless I'm missing something, and I think I might be:

If I drag an .wav IR from my DAW (Ableton/Windows 10) onto most panels of the GUI, the mouse pointer will change to a ' ⃠ ' symbol HOWEVER dragging the wav onto the library/browser section of SIR3's GUI the mouse pointer will change to a '+' which I presumed meant it would load/import the impulse. However it doesn't seem to do anything - no error message, but doesn't change what impulse was previously loaded.

Is there any way of dragging and dropping impulses from the DAW/File explorer to load them, rather than setting up a user presets folder an navigate impulses that way?

What's demo limitations? Don't reported on site...

mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 am Is there any way of dragging and dropping impulses from the DAW/File explorer to load them, rather than setting up a user presets folder an navigate impulses that way?
Hi, there is currently no drag and drop option, but I'll add this to my todo list.

Edit:
You can also access any file from your disk, use the build-in browser, you can change the location from the dropdown menu, maximise the browser with top right "▢" button
Last edited by audiotools on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

Turello wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am What's demo limitations? Don't reported on site...
Every 45 seconds outputs are muted for a short period of time.

Turello wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am What's demo limitations? Don't reported on site...
every 45 seconds the audio output is muted for a very short time, also some less important functions, like saving presets, are disabled in the demo.
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

audiotools wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am
mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 am Is there any way of dragging and dropping impulses from the DAW/File explorer to load them, rather than setting up a user presets folder an navigate impulses that way?
Hi, there is currently no drag and drop option, but I'll add this to my todo list.
Fantastic :tu: Fingers crossed ! For me it's the *only* criticism I have with it - Everything else is perfect

mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 am Everything else is perfect
8) Many thanks, many user wishes have been considered in the product.
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

audiotools wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 am 8) Many thanks, many user wishes have been considered in the product.
Seems nobody or only a few wished surround, which is absent ...

dreamvoid wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm Seems nobody or only a few wished surround
That's right, after serious consideration I decided to focus on stereo. Yes, I understand the demand for surround reverbs, but I didn't want to make the product more complicated because most of my target customers only use stereo.
SIR Audio Tools
www.siraudiotools.com

I'm having a look at Samplicity IR's to possibly use with SIR3.
Seem to be amongst the really good ones?
Any other suggestions for true stereo impulses?

There's a page that had a good collection of links here (I've pretty much all of them !): https://www.propellerheads.com/blog/fre ... -responses

Hopefully http://www.openairlib.net/ will return shortly (down at the moment due to a site security revamp) as that had great stereo impulses.....

Return to “Effects”