bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all, got this plugin in a free giveaway. Turns out both the VST3 and VST2 just don't respond to my midi keyboard in Reaper while any other virtual instrument works just fine. Literally, this is the first plugin that doesn't work out of the box for me. The virtual keyboard and midi notes work just fine with it, but anything coming from my keyboard is just non-responsive in any way. Reaper detects notes coming in on the track just fine, but the plugin does not see anything. Anyone else with this problem and maybe got a fix?
Perhaps your keyboard is sending notes on a wrong midi channel? Which means other channel than channel 1.

polac wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 pm Perhaps your keyboard is sending notes on a wrong midi channel? Which means other channel than channel 1.
Huh odd, wonder why they designed it this way. Had to reassign the global channel of my midi controller to 1. Was on 3. Never had to change this in years. But thanks!

trevortjes wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:49 pm Huh odd, wonder why they designed it this way. Had to reassign the global channel of my midi controller to 1. Was on 3. Never had to change this in years. But thanks!
Some synths only respond to channel 1. But apparently some do respond to omni (any ch 1-16), which would explain ch 3 working elsewhere.

It seems that the only synths that allow you to set the internal MIDI receive channel are those that are multi-timbral capable, to allow assigning different MIDI channels to different sounds, for example with Kontakt, or a KORG Triton, etc.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I only used the VST3 but it worked immediately in my Reaper setup - running on a Windows 10 PC.
trevortjes wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:22 pm Hey all, got this plugin in a free giveaway. Turns out both the VST3 and VST2 just don't respond to my midi keyboard in Reaper while any other virtual instrument works just fine. Literally, this is the first plugin that doesn't work out of the box for me. The virtual keyboard and midi notes work just fine with it, but anything coming from my keyboard is just non-responsive in any way. Reaper detects notes coming in on the track just fine, but the plugin does not see anything. Anyone else with this problem and maybe got a fix?

Yeah, it's always worked for me In Studio One, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I compared this to the HY.Mono just for fun. Not even close. It reminds me of the difference in The Legend and Arturia mini v3. I have and enjoy both. The Oberhausen filter has a nice sharp character and the envelopes complement it well. HY mono is a fine vsti but not a substitution.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

FearinLoathin wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:55 am Thank god I didn't pay for this crap. The DEFAULT patch, a simple saw or whatever, takes 10% of my computing power. Nearly EVERY other sound preset? 35-75%. I literally can't use the damn thing. And my computer has no problems with other synths like ANA2, which is by far the most CPU-hungry one I own.

I like PA, a lot. But they need to completely recode this garbage. Again, it was free for me via the Focusrite bonus stuff, but I'm very disappointed that this relatively simple plugin taxes CPUs like this.
Sounds great though! Great freebie!

Ikaz7 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:42 pm Where are the presets? The preset browser is blank. Windows, VST3 version, Ableton Live 11. Just checked again: the presets directory is indeed empty after installation.
None of the P.A presets show up in live using vst3 for me. If you use the vst2 version the presets show up in live for me on Windows.

LFO8 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:22 am
FearinLoathin wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:55 am Thank god I didn't pay for this crap. The DEFAULT patch, a simple saw or whatever, takes 10% of my computing power. Nearly EVERY other sound preset? 35-75%. I literally can't use the damn thing. And my computer has no problems with other synths like ANA2, which is by far the most CPU-hungry one I own.

I like PA, a lot. But they need to completely recode this garbage. Again, it was free for me via the Focusrite bonus stuff, but I'm very disappointed that this relatively simple plugin taxes CPUs like this.
Sounds great though! Great freebie!
I paid $25 in 2020 for it and have never regretted that decision.

OB-Ev2 sounds a bit better, but I don’t think it’s better enough to me for $130.

Why is there no KVR page for bx_oberhausen?

Plugin Alliance didn't create one. :shrug:

It's a tad random what get's on KVR and not. Great synth anyway, and a lot of bang for your bucks when it's on sale, Which it seems to be more often than not

bx_oberhausen is a very nice virtual analog synth. And Luftrum 22 is a very nice preset bank with 80 presets to give you some more examples of the sounds that this synth is capable of making. https://www.luftrum.com/synthpresets/

"Luftrum 22 is a selection bx_oberhausen presets, from buttery soft pads to crispy synth leads, fat unison basses and analog arpeggios, with each sound designers’ signature take on the 70s analog classic. Luftrum 22 requires bx_oberhausen v1.2.0 or later (out November 2019)."
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”