1%
Tracktion Software Waveform
2%
Hate is a negative emotion I don't give into
30%

Total votes: 562

RELATED
PRODUCTS

this topic is a waste of time and just promotes ill-feeling and a false sense of superiority

Sorry, but you just described the internet :hihi:

We do it for fun and distraction.

sleepcircle wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm this topic is a waste of time and just promotes ill-feeling and a false sense of superiority
I'm with you. There are so many options, each with good things about it.

Personally, I don't like that (some) users of some DAWs seem to think that because they use that DAW they are superior and creative but that isn't really the fault of the code. Maybe the Marketing Team, but ultimately, we don't get Hammerist so why be DAWist.

:-)

it's the same thing as arguing about the car you drive. "Ford spells Fix Or Repair Daily and you're an idiot if you have one."

Fordayaiiyho?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm Sorry, but you just described the internet :hihi:

not the entire internet, and anyway just because "people do it" doesn't mean it's great or that it's impossible to change.

'fun and distraction' is all very well but not when the fun is in ripping other people down.

and so often the principal distraction to be gained from obsessing over other people's flaws is "distraction from our own flaws," instead of tackling them head-on and becoming, theoretically, a happier, better person.

sleepcircle wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 am
reggie1979 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:14 pm Sorry, but you just described the internet :hihi:

not the entire internet, and anyway just because "people do it" doesn't mean it's great or that it's impossible to change.

'fun and distraction' is all very well but not when the fun is in ripping other people down.

and so often the principal distraction to be gained from obsessing over other people's flaws is "distraction from our own flaws," instead of tackling them head-on and becoming, theoretically, a happier, better person.
Barking up the wrong tree. Not only have I not been a character of hate, I've been downright pleasant. Move on.

Any DAW that doesn't allow for custom keybinds. I think it's inexcusable for something complex as DAW to not allow you to set up your own keybinds and instead rely on whatever the designers envisioned for the prototype DAW user to use the most. Since there exists so many workflows which prioritize various keybinds over others, they should have figured by now that their approximation of optimal layout will never be optimal for most users

Yeah, they should have done it! Hate be grand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, just kidding.

On the contrary, a poll like this can be a positive. A stark black and white reminder that not everybody views your little special favorite in universal high esteem can help to moderate behavior.

reggie1979 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 am
sleepcircle wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 am

Barking up the wrong tree. Not only have I not been a character of hate, I've been downright pleasant. Move on.

regardless of the fact that you said "we," which includes yourself, i specifically did NOT refer to you, personally, reggie. i even avoided using the 'generic second-person you,' so that it wouldn't seem like I was accusing you of anything except 'appealing to the status quo'

also shawng, people who are likely to think moderately seldom need a reminder that "their daw is not universally beloved" because the idea is patently ridiculous in the first place. people who are not likely to think moderately will probably see any criticism as a direct attack and will rally to defend their daw from scurrilous outsiders and heathens.

sleepcircle wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 am

also shawng, people who are likely to think moderately seldom need a reminder that "their daw is not universally beloved" because the idea is patently ridiculous in the first place. people who are not likely to think moderately will probably see any criticism as a direct attack and will rally to defend their daw from scurrilous outsiders and heathens.
:lol:

Yes, which is why I said “can” be helpful. I am aware that there are people who pounce on every possible hint of disagreement no matter how slight... like you're doing now.

There is a certain sort of daw evangelism that I have noted to be much less since this poll. this has been pretty civil, and nobody’s gotten banned (that i’m aware of) and the thread hasn’t been locked. By the standards of this place, this has actually gone pretty well.

It was inevitable :hihi:

It's a volatile thread title. It makes sense that someone would get their feathers ruffled. One way or the other :shrug:

Bahhhhh bahhhh bahhh...
I become a sheep
and join the herd..
and
hate the Raper

ooops, really must learn to read correctly...
Reaper
:dog:

Hink wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:23 amFordayaiiyho?
:lol:
Oh Hinky...
you beat me.. I was looking for that correct punctuation to delimit the acronym...

;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”