RX7? or other plugin? how to remove HISS-like sounds without isolated part?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i got many recordings where i sadly have hiss sounds from old tapes, old bad conversions digitally etc. you know in the 90s many music songs were low quality and when you raise the higher frequencies you hear that they hiss a lot..... so the sound is then more open and brighter but with the low sampled hiss :/ e.g. n64 music/sounds.

in RX7 it needs to analyse a part where ONLY the hiss sound is present with no music/sounds, but what can you do if you dont have such few seconds?

thanks!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

All spektral denoisers can be set to either white noise or you could even draw the spektrum. RX7 for sure will tackle it...

Actually, you can use any other denoiser, but RX7 is the best as for me.
Using RX7 spectral denoiser, you can use "curve" to use denoiser at frequencies you need.
Also, there is a video "Using iZotope RX6 Spectral De-Noise to remove Hiss" on youtube )

Or you can use spectral repair in Editor.
Also in Editor you can select only hiss in spectrogram and learn the spectral denoise with this selection.

Return to “Effects”