BX Room Vs Acon Verberate 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Currently BX Room is on sale for $29, and I have the option to upgrade Acon Verberate to version 2. My current set up does not let me hear reverb in the best way.

Can anyone recommend which one is generally best as an algorithm reverb?

I have both.
Verberate 2 sounds is quite beautiful,Decay Editor is powerful tool,Algorithms and Early reflections are good enough.
I love it!

I thought bx_rooM/S is not bad reverb.but weird reverb IMO.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

I have both too - soundwise I think Verberate 2 is stunningly lush while BX RooMS is decidedly meh... and when it comes to versatility again Verberate wins by a long shot...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:52 am I have both too - soundwise I think Verberate 2 is stunningly lush while BX RooMS is decidedly meh... and when it comes to versatility again Verberate wins by a long shot...
bx_roomMS is joke sound wise, but Verberate 2 is a gem with its new Vivid algorithm.

I demoed bx_rooMS a while back. I really didn't like it at all. Very metallic sounding to me. I have a number of nice reverbs and couldn't see a place that I would ever use it, no matter the cost. It's kind of a shame. i typically like most stuff they make, but I wasn't a fan of this.

I also have Verberate and Verberate 2. They are definitely worth having. They sound very nice.

trmupstage wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:57 pm I demoed bx_rooMS a while back. I really didn't like it at all. Very metallic sounding to me.
Same experience when I demoed it. Quite metallic and I was very surprised because it is marketed and described by testimonials as a natural sounding reverb.
Sounding "metallic" is not necessarily a bad thing of itself and can still sound nice on sources such as synthesized stuff. But I didn't buy it after the demo period because I really wasn't comfortable with the behaviour of the 3 main faders, which are the core of the plugin.

Otherwise I think it can coexist with something like Verberate, one being quite metallic and the other sounding much more natural and clean, for different uses.

I own rooms and I like it. Rooms has kind of a “shimmer” to it but, I never found it overly intrusive. The threads above are making me seriously consider getting Verberate when it goes on sale, though.

I just demoed the plugin and I think it's a very good one -it is tho different than the more natural sounding Verberate2. The Bx sounds very digital but it is the character and they sit very well in the mix for a certain song. V2 is good but a little muddy imo I would rather invest on Fabfilter Reverb, 2Caudio or Sonnox if you want the most natural ones.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Hi

I demoed BX room and found the preset management was a bit eschewed - can't remember exactly what it was - vaguely remember not being able to see/load presets without some digging around?

I love Bx_rooms...
Because it is weird, quirky and a great FX, not necessarily as a pure reverb .
My bottom line, if you're looking for a great "reverb" bx ain't it...
BUT.. it does play nicely for that way out thingy ;)

Acon Verberate 2 now has some very nice modulation capabilities so your going to be able to some very lush verbs.

Here is an example:

https://soundcloud.com/synth-presets-co ... e-2#t=0:06

bx rooms is not a ordinary reverb.
it has special vibe like crystal clear.
I like it.

I love bx room. I honestly think people are dissing it because it is cheap and not new. It sounds wonderful to me anyhow.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

:lol:
Skyfall72 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:54 pm V2 is good but a little muddy
hm... user-error perhaps? It has seperate EQ sections for both the decay and the output - sometimes it can be quite rewarding to get at least a rudimentary overview of the available parameters of the software you use.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Reverbs can be very subjective depending on users taste, with that said Verberate 2 is clearly the better reverb by a mile.

Return to “Effects”