Algonaut unleash Atlas 1.4 to the wild. The best AI drum sampler gets more powerful!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas

greenmind72 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:48 am Hi

I wrote to the developer a month ago, and he answered that they were still working on Atlas. A lot of work done last year apparently, but they’re expecting to release an update “in a couple of months”.

His twitter feed also seems to indicate an update is in the works.

We’ve been patient - hopefully not too much longer to wait!
thanx a lot for reaching out to the company and reporting here. hopefully something will come.

XO is on a nice sale... I own and love Atlas.

Can someone convince me not to get XO?

I am worried about the lack of communication from Algonaut. 1.5 soon?

dandezebra wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:48 am XO is on a nice sale... I own and love Atlas.

Can someone convince me not to get XO?

I am worried about the lack of communication from Algonaut. 1.5 soon?
Most people that try XO tend to like it as far as I have seen, I recommend trying the demo out if you have had your eye on it. Now that XLN is discounting it more heavily, it's a lot of bang for your buck. Don't go in expecting it to be a competitor to Atlas necessarily, it's far more a comprehensive percussion groove box on top of being a great drum sample manager.

Beware of XLN’s awful installers and XO’s sequencer is limited to 1-2 patterns.
Anyway both instruments threads here on Kvr are covering all pros and cons.

Untested at the moment, but Atlas 1.4.4 is up for grabs.
Since it’s almost April it looks a shotgun wedding a bit, but better than a boot in the mouth.

waiting man wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:45 am Untested at the moment, but Atlas 1.4.4 is up for grabs.
Since it’s almost April it looks a shotgun wedding a bit, but better than a boot in the mouth.
Installed - disappointment, nothing essential new. And my previous version created and saved drum-presets (to other location as the default precious c-drive) did NOT appear to the new version dashboard.

I thought the new stuff was reserved for 1.5 update?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah, but something in 2 years shouldn’t be too much to ask. I could pay for a decent upgrade.

Harry_HH wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:01 am
waiting man wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:45 am Untested at the moment, but Atlas 1.4.4 is up for grabs.
And my previous version created and saved drum-presets (to other location as the default precious c-drive) did NOT appear to the new version dashboard.
Exciting news :x
I’d report that...

Is it possible to mirror or rearrange the map so the kicks are on the left and hihats on the right? It just looks weird with the audio spectrum reversed.

I love atlas and can’t wait for their upcoming stuff!

Reefius wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:44 am Is it possible to mirror or rearrange the map so the kicks are on the left and hihats on the right? It just looks weird with the audio spectrum reversed.
That would be sweet.

And a list view of the samples that could be edited, solo file and batch. For instance, change three snares that are showing up in the hats to the correct category.

I refresh my wishlist, back for 7 months:

Still waiting for some basic very, VERY feature updates, such as
- option to define own drum set save/load paths
- own (path) drum set appear to the Atlas UI (now only factory path,
which is stupidly C: - who want's to fill the SSD with these presets?

- option not only to delete, but also add single sample to the map

Additional wish list
- option to define the map size
- option to define mapping priorities
- more editing /fx per sample

And... More that AI, to the present rather stupid machine.
E.g. very often Atlas includes really awful sounds as "snares" whatever
category. If you have a large database of sounds, it always includes inaproriate sounds,
manual editing these non-eligible can be laborius.

There should be either some machine learning
of the proper sounds (according to the user), or some other way to
define the criteria of the sounds. Even if the AI would understand
categories such as "classic rock", "electronic", "hiphop" etc. would help.
Shouldn´t be impossible, even if you believe in just 1 % of AI hype.

A lot of talk of AI in the music software, so far
quite a little really clever implementations.
Maybe iZotope has been most avant carde (!), so far.
Shame on you, you boutique innovators.

Any news?

The developer wrote on twitter (21st Mar) that he's working overtime on a major update and mentioned it should be ready in "about 2 months". So, I'd say at least another month to wait for news unfortunately. It's been slow going (at least 1 year since last update?), but they're talking up this release as being a major update.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”