Where Will Digital Audio Workstations Be In 10 Years ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do mushrooms get non-fungal infections?

Hopefully Steinberg's DAWs will be less terrible in 10 years.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:44 pm Hopefully Steinberg's DAWs will be less terrible in 10 years.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

and previous comments where "unintelligent"!

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Bombadil wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:56 pm Think David Carradine.
to hold off climax?
i usually list kvr members in my head.

boy I can see that going bad quick, certain names you might not want to accidentally yell out...oh, oh, oh, mushy mushy, that's right tapper mike, that's thecontrolcentre, yes, yes harryupbabble :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:49 pm
to hold off climax?

boy I can see that going bad quick, certain names you might not want to accidentally yell out...oh, oh, oh, mushy mushy, that's right tapper mike, that's thecontrolcentre, yes, yes harryupbabble :hihi:
reported! :o

Hink wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:49 pm
to hold off climax?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:help: :help: :help:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hopefully there will be less bloat. I hate the fact that more or less every program tries to be everything to everyone...

There is, from my point of view at least, so much stuff I never need or use in almost every DAW there is. I have no need for video, hundreds of synths and gigabytes of samples. I need a fast, straight forward recording daw with basic fx and audio manipulation. If I can't make a descent recording with 24 channels, some compressors, eq, verbs, delay and a couple of other effects, there is'nt a chance in hell that all bloat is going to change that.

All DAW's are moving the opposite direction with more and more, more menus, more icons, more synths, samples and more time wasted trying to keep it simple....
Last edited by noremorse on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gotta think a bit further than what's being said in this thread, which is about as futuristic as The Archers.

Try:

You sing the tune you're thinking to your DAW.

A complete chord analysis and backing track is then auto laid down to get you started.

And that's just for a start.

It depends also on whether we get quantum computing by then ( I think we will)

So the DAW will analyse all your existing mixes, and make auto suggestions to the melody you're working with, offered in the various styles it's analysed from your previous mixes.

Or/... When you hit a dead spot in your tune, the DAW will link to a zillion loops and make helpful loop suggestions.

Come on guys. Try a bit harder.

This is beyond mere bloatware.

cheery kev :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:20 pm You sing the tune you're thinking to your DAW.

A complete chord analysis and backing track is then auto laid down to get you started.

So the DAW will analyse all your existing mixes, and make auto suggestions to the melody you're working with, offered in the various styles it's analysed from your previous mixes.

Or/... When you hit a dead spot in your tune, the DAW will link to a zillion loops and make helpful loop suggestions.

And music will be even more "shity" than it already is...
Fernando (FMR)

kevvvvv wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:20 pm Gotta think a bit further than what's being said in this thread, which is about as futuristic as The Archers.

Try:

You sing the tune you're thinking to your DAW.

This is beyond mere bloatware.

cheery kev :)
the mix hat!
its basically a bobble hat, with sensors inside.
it looks cool, keeps you warm in winter and...
the sensors read your brain waves and create music, which emanates from the speaker inside the bobble :o
everyone is wearing them, so we communicate via music from the mix hat nowadays (im in 2029 using the chrononet, to make a post in history, well, my history, your present)[for those who care, brexit is still going on and now an actual cat is potus. we call him pusstus! and since he took over, things have been pretty good, unless youre a mouse or a ball of string]

I'm reminded of Conan with this thread.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:47 pm I'm reminded of Conan with this thread.
Conan The Mixtarian?
His EQ cutting skills were barbaric...
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

P
U!

:hihi:

No, I meant "in the year 2000" :)

This kind of notion as a thread-starter is bound to wind up as it does, here. A phlegmatic attitude about it might be better than getting pissed off, unless one enjoys the latter.

What's changed since I started in 2003, 15, 16 yrs. The computers are faster, the average RAM in a store-bought machine went from, donno, 512MB to 8GB. Storage space, megabytes to terabytes. Software started leveraging multi-core when it appeared, not particularly magically. VSL is VSL still, and people still value The Cube same as it ever was. Now they record things on the Synchron Stage and there's a pretty great mixer for it. Incremental changes.

No real futurists interested in the thread title, evidently. :shrug:

The only thing that comes to my mind when thinking about this is, that PCs are going to be ARM based. The thought of quantum computers and stuff is kinda unrealistic. If at all (at that Point in Time) they will be used as co-processors for very specific tasks like we see it today with gpus or apple is doing it with the t2 Chip. That’s the route for a foreseeable future anyway.

When it comes to the software side of things, I don’t expect anything groundbreaking. Even the whole vr thing will never get a considerable amount of market share in the audio market as many people like to dream. You know, being inside your virtual studio and such.
My biggest hope is that we still can purchase software instead of „rent“ it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”