Rob Papen - A new Synthesizer is ahead! Guesses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:50 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:29 pm Okay that you don't think I am paid I could say the same for
I doubt anyone could be serious about you getting paid for your opinion.
I think that could be a good thing :)

As far as I understood it has distortion in the amp section. Rob said it will cost 99 euros but will be free for bundle owner.

Sounds great

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 2pSd1bf184

New presets from the new synth in the first minutes of the video. Around minute 12 without effects. I asked Rob to switch them off and he did and I think it sounds fantastic. Looking really forward for that thing. Enjoy.

Yes, I'm really excited about this one.

Sounds very moogish. I'd like to see RP synths getting resizable interfaces and MPE, that would get me on the RP train. Used to have Blue 2 and quite liked it, but haven't felt the need to get it again so far.

nichttuntun wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:06 pm Not to forget that Rob puts a lot of work into his products and is always improving them plus putting new cool features into them.
It's also worth of mention - if not already mentioned - that the regular 1-hour streams that Rob does are quite useful. EDIT: now that I went through the thread, yes, it was mentioned. :wink:
Last edited by mevla on Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm I'd like to see RP synths getting resizable interfaces and MPE, that would get me on the RP train.
I do not know about all RP synths, but Blue2, Predator2 and Go2 have resizable UIs: regular and large. It's not like a full range of sizes, although for the setup I use the large format is all right.

mevla wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:04 pm I'd like to see RP synths getting resizable interfaces and MPE, that would get me on the RP train.
I do not know about all RP synths, but Blue2, Predator2 and Go2 have resizable UIs: regular and large. It's not like a full range of sizes, although for the setup I use the large format is all right.
Large will often be too large though, GUIs need more than two sizes.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 pm
mevla wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm
Large will often be too large though, GUIs need more than two sizes.
I got the same issue on an HD screen. Big GUI pushes Blue 2 over the border there an small GUI is far too small.

On an 2440 screen it's perfect. But it should be perfectly big on a normal HD screen too. I already wrote Rob about this but the redaction was not too satisfying :)

I wondered why such elemental things are still a problem today.

Elementary, my dear Watson.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I wonder if this is like a scaled up version of GO2? I was amazed at how good it sounded for just one OSC, imagine a 3 OSC version with more waveforms, filter and modulation options?

There is only one osc in GO2?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

aMUSEd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 am I wonder if this is like a scaled up version of GO2?
Go2 is more like a scaled down Predator2.
Go2 is somewhat digital sounding.
The new - as yet unnamed - synth is primarly orientated towards an analog sound. No wavetable or anthing.

Halonmusic wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am There is only one osc in GO2?
Yes that's true. But it's a little wonder-synth because you don't hear that it's just one OSC. you can set 2 points to define different waves and than morph between them PW them and whatnot. Than you can do very complex modulations via the XY vector field. It's extremely cool. It's also true that it is somehow a little version of Predator2 but in Go2 you have incredibly sounds out from scratch in no time. It's a total different concept.

nichttuntun wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 am
Halonmusic wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am There is only one osc in GO2?
Yes that's true. But it's a little wonder-synth because you don't hear that it's just one OSC. you can set 2 points to define different waves and than morph between them PW them and whatnot. Than you can do very complex modulations via the XY vector field. It's extremely cool. It's also true that it is somehow a little version of Predator2 but in Go2 you have incredibly sounds out from scratch in no time. It's a total different concept.
Cool. I should check out go2 :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”