Space Invader

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track is a re-imagining of the theme from the classic arcade video game "Space Invaders" with its "fee-fi-fo-fum" descending bass motif. It is written in F# Dorian flat-2 because I like how easily the mode can be made to sound haunting. All of the synthesizer, percussion, and sound effects are being performed by just one sample-based virtual synthesizer: "Ascension" by Cubic Audio.

https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/space-invader
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Ascension is a cool sounding synth. Some of the synth zaps are a little ear piercing, My want to check your 5k range. Interesting composition.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:09 pm My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Ascension is a cool sounding synth. Some of the synth zaps are a little ear piercing, May want to check your 5k range. Interesting composition.
As always, Wags, thank you for your honest feedback! Per your advice, I tamed down the sound FX in the 5 kHz range (5.4 kHz to be exact). I also noticed that I had my "player shoot" and "invader killed" sound FX mixed up, and so I had to fix that straightaway.

Ascension has proven itself to be a nice synth for the money (I purchased the edition from PB which did not come bundled with the vast MIDI loop library). The video game sound FX were samples I downloaded from a video games nostalgia website and added to Ascension; I will probably upload my custom sound set to the appropriate patches area.

Will you be creating and selling a custom sound set for Ascension?
Last edited by tonedef71 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:09 pm My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Ascension is a cool sounding synth. Some of the synth zaps are a little ear piercing, May want to check your 5k range. Interesting composition.
As always, Wags, thank you for your honest feedback! Per your advice, I tamed down the sound FX in the 5 kHz range (5.4 kHz to be exact). I also noticed that I had my "player shoot" and "invader killed" sound FX mixed up, and so I had to fix that straightaway.

Ascension has proven itself to be a nice synth for the money (I purchased the edition from PB which did not come bundled with the vast MIDI loop library). The video game sound FX were samples I downloaded from a video games nostalgia website and added to Ascension; I will probably upload my custom sound set to patches area.

Will you be creating and selling a custom sound set for Ascension?
I'm working on one now. It'll be ready sometime next month.

Return to “Music Cafe”