Is there any VST out there that can replace Integra?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically, working with Kontakt has become tiring for me. Yes, there are some great 3rd party libraries out there...but I've realized that I'm loosing some precious creative moments in the workflow while browsing/waiting for libraries to load etc.

At this point I'm really considering buying Integra-7, altough I much prefer to work with software only.

The only fast loading, relaible, acoustic rompler type of vsts I found are either too "oldschool" (klc m1, roland cloud jv-1080) or are just too flat (xpand!2, sampletank 3, halion sonic 3). I thought sampletank 4 was gonna be the solution I needed but after getting numeros crashes and extremely slow loading times...I gave up on that and took a refund.

So my question is, basically, is there absolutely nothing out there in the realm of vsts that provides tons of production ready bread&butter type of presets that just load instantly and doesnt weight 5000gb? Should I just give up and purchase integra :ud: ?

Omnisphere, Nexus 2. Maybe your DAW, Studio One 4 comes with a nice sound library.

Maybe you need a SSD/faster computer...
Browsing can be avoided by deciding on a few favorites... (Or creating sounds from scratch...; - )
Though if you like Integra, it could help to focus. I guess focusing is the main problem, not gear...
(Strange you call Halion flat, it has certainly more depth and potential than Kontakt, but is a nightmare to learn)

Elektronisch wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 pm Omnisphere, Nexus 2. Maybe your DAW, Studio One 4 comes with a nice sound library.
Omnisphere is nice and I use it quite a bit, but for different type of productions. I wouldn't compare it to Integra because it doesn't got much "traditional" type of sounds.

Nexus always sounded like crap to me sorry lol. Way too bloated with reverb and kinda edm vibe for me.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:19 pm Maybe you need a SSD/faster computer...
Browsing can be avoided by deciding on a few favorites... (Or creating sounds from scratch...; - )
Though if you like Integra, it could help to focus. I guess focusing is the main problem, not gear...
(Strange you call Halion flat, it has certainly more depth and potential than Kontakt, but is a nightmare to learn)
Halion sonic got a lot of trashy sounds imo...some of the pianos and acoustic guitars are very "plastic" to me. Very subpar compared to the SuperNatural engine of the Integra.

Some vsts can make the focusing very hard...omnisphere for instance got a shitload of presets, quite many are just suitable for soundtrack type of productions...so it can take sometime before you get something good and can lose that creative energy.

I'm not much into creating sounds to be honest, I just need a fast, high quality source of sounds that let you immediately dive into the creating process without wasting any time. So far, seems like Integra is the way to go, altough I really prefer to stay software only.

I think its more of being just in general biased towards integra. From demos i have heard it doesnt sound anything better then Kontakt. And string instrument sounds are just bad and has this hollow quality, like few keys would be recorded and spread across, no round robin no anything. I doubt integra is better then Kontakt otherwise you wouldnt see kontakt libraries being used for scoring hollywood movies. Just saying...

Roland srx cloud plugins can replace most of the integra's built in srx cards , not all of them are released yet ..but knowing roland they will do so to milk the crap out of it .
The integra srx 7 card is wonderfull which is a combination of the vintage card +keyboards and some spectrasonic basses ( not included in the cloud plugin due to copyright reasons )
Most of the supernatural sounds are wonderfull , add some high quality effects like vallhalla and your set
SNS Drums and ac. basses are great too .
The integra supernatural synth engine is imho mediocre and doesn't get much use here ( no osc sync , no filter fm etc....) , synth duties are done with reaktor and nord modular .

SO is the integra worth it ?
Sure , it's easy with zero loading times ( 30 seconds start up ) and no strain on the cpu ,
I bought mine second hand for 1000 euro , go for it ..if you don't like it ...sell it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Wow, it's difficult to bring something to the table that can compete with a monster such as Integra-7.

My question is, what type of sounds are you looking for? You mentioned Korg M1 being too old school, but if sounding dated is your only concern, but the quality is good for you, maybe you could consider something more up-to-date from Korg: the Gadget collection. Many plugins, every one of them designed with a very specific and distinct purpose in mind, all them ready to play. Getting the whole bundle you pay about 5 bucks per plugin. And all them were coded wth iPad users in mind, so you can be sure loading times and CPU consumption will be low.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

I've owned an Integra years back and personally find that Halion Sonic will get you pretty much everything that the Integra would. If you specifically like Integra's sound though, just go for the Integra and save on your DAW's CPU.

Imo, you should get a Yamaha MODX and use it as a sound module if you want to keep on using your actual midi keyboard.
For bread and butter sounds MODX offers for most instruments better quality than Integra, especially if you use brass, winds, strings and other orchestral sounds.

I have never played an Integra, but I do own an old Roland XV88 which I picked up a few months ago for very little as it had issues that needed fixing.

I play all of my tracks in live,so I wanted an 88 note piano weighted keyboard for this purpose,and the XV88 fitted the bill to use as a master keyboard to play VSTs with. I did not think I would ever use the onboard sounds as they are 20 years old technology - but I was wrong. For my type of music, which is not heavily synth reliant, it has all the sounds I need, and somehow, the sounds just sit together in the mix.

I have since read up about the Roland sounds and how they have been used on all sorts of tracks over the years, and I can see why the Integra is so highly praised. It has all the sounds of the Roland XV 5080, plus all the SRX boards and supernatural thrown in.

The main advantage that I find with hardware is the immediacy. My sequencer now just consists of audio tracks which I can cycle up and down with on the PC keyboard, dial up a sound, and hit record and go.

bedjka wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:03 am Imo, you should get a Yamaha MODX and use it as a sound module if you want to keep on using your actual midi keyboard.
For bread and butter sounds MODX offers for most instruments better quality than Integra, especially if you use brass, winds, strings and other orchestral sounds.
Both the montage and the integra rompler sounds are great , not sure why you think the montage has better quality samples , the basses in the modx/montage are imho not on par with the integra
The supernatural basses and drums are just amazing
In the effects department the montage and modx wins hands down
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

bedjka wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:03 am Imo, you should get a Yamaha MODX and use it as a sound module if you want to keep on using your actual midi keyboard.
I wouldn't want to argue which one has the best sounds - they are both great, but Yamaha does not seem to have a sound module version. The problem then being that you are forced to buy the Modx keyboard to replace your current master keyboard, and it does not have aftertouch, so if you need aftertouch you will have to accommodate an un-needed keyboard in your rig.

And even worse, you would be driven crazy by that flashing blue "super knob" light !

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 am
not sure why you think the montage has better quality samples
I wrote "for most instruments".

You are naming basses (i agree), drums (also very good on Modx), also pianos which are ok on integra, it' a matter of taste vs Yamaha, but they are a lot of other instrument categories (i mentionned a few of them) and for all those Modx/Montage engine offers higher quality samples than Integra.

I like Roland especially for the synths, + drums, bass, and pianos.
If you need the other instruments, integra imo is not good enough.

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:19 pm Maybe You need a SSD/faster computer...
Fixed that for you. :oops:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”