Ocean Swift - Wavetabler (Wavetable Patcher Sewing Machine - OUT NOW! INTRO OFFER!)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Defiant WT Pathfinder WT Polyphenom 2 Wavetabler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsjuEUxWK4I

Grab it here:
https://oceanswift.net/wavetabler/

Ocean Swift Wavetabler is Standalone Software for Windows for Wavetable Creation and manipulation. Wavetabler allows assembly and re-arrangement of wavetable files, as well as interpolation of wavetables from one cycle-window size to another.

Useful for creating wavetables for our Synthesizers: Polyphenom 2, Defiant WT and Pathfinder WT and for every other software and hardware synthesizer on the market.

- Quickly patch your own (up to 100 cycle) wavetables by loading individual cycles into slots.
- Exchange specific cycles in a wavetable with other cycles.
- Re-sample a wavetable made for one synth to the specs required for a different synth.
- Simple, efficient and very easy to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is it possible to load a small wav file and slice it into single cycle waveform?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

yes sure, whatever wave file you load will be sliced up to 100 cycles at the cycle size you select. if the wave is shorter then it will just use less than 100, if it is longer it will create the first 100 and ignore the rest of the wave.

faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 am yes sure, whatever wave file you load will be sliced up to 100 cycles at the cycle size you select. if the wave is shorter then it will just use less than 100, if it is longer it will create the first 100 and ignore the rest of the wave.
Awesome.

Thanks
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I bought the package, and I must say I feel disappointed with this. How come you create a wavetable editor where we can't listen to the wavetable. or the single waves, when we point at them?

Or am I missing something?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 am I bought the package, and I must say I feel disappointed with this. How come you create a wavetable editor where we can't listen to the wavetable. or the single waves, when we point at them?

Hey mate, this is as explained in the video a creation tool for wavetables, it is not meant to be producing sound.

You create or edit there and take it to a synth of your choice.

That being said, we are open to such requests for future versions, in an earlier prototype we did have such a mechanism, we can bring it back in future versions, which by our update policy you will be entitled to as an owner of it.

The main idea here as opposed to other (very advanced and cool ones available from others too) such editors is the interpolation ability, take from one synth specs to another synth specs.

faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 am
fmr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:51 am I bought the package, and I must say I feel disappointed with this. How come you create a wavetable editor where we can't listen to the wavetable. or the single waves, when we point at them?

Hey mate, this is as explained in the video a creation tool for wavetables, it is not meant to be producing sound.

You create or edit there and take it to a synth of your choice.

That being said, we are open to such requests for future versions, in an earlier prototype we did have such a mechanism, we can bring it back in future versions, which by our update policy you will be entitled to as an owner of it.

The main idea here as opposed to other (very advanced and cool ones available from others too) such editors is the interpolation ability, take from one synth specs to another synth specs.
Check Audio-Term and WaveEdit. Both are "creation tools for wavetables". Both allow the user to play the wavetables. This is OBVIOUS. WE ARE EDITING WAVE FILES. It seems you didn't make your market research as you should.

Are we supposed to define an interpolation VISUALLY? Or being constantly exporting, loading in a synth, listening, importing again, edit again, exporting again...? :nutter:

And there is nothing "advanced" in the "interpolation ability". I can load any wave file into Pigments, for example, and it interprets it. The same applies to several other wavetable synths I own. You should know better. I don't need a wavetable editor for that. In the current state this is USELESS.
Fernando (FMR)

- We actually use all those tools you mentioned. Our tool came into existence because we needed this option. This was an in house tool we used and decided to skin it and make it available to our costumers. The price point is low when buying it and it is also offered as a bonus with Polyphenom 2.

- There is no need to attack, you can request a feature politely and you will find out we will probably add what our users ask, as we always try to do.

- Sorry if you are disappointed in it, but i think the info is in no way misleading. Everything about it is explained in the video, info and manual.

- Other users that have it are using it and enjoying it, the tool is not there to take over the world, it is another utility for musicians.

- On a personal note, we see you purchased this with the big Polyphenom 2 bundle. So this you got as a small thing with extra value to a very fair and robust bundle, we think you got an honest deal, if you do not we are sorry to hear that and perhaps you will in time enjoy it more.

fmr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am And there is nothing "advanced" in the "interpolation ability". I can load any wave file into Pigments, for example, and it interprets it. The same applies to several other wavetable synths I own. You should know better. I don't need a wavetable editor for that. In the current state this is USELESS.
Cool that Pigments does it. There are dozens of other synths that don't, hardware included. There is a use for this if you look for it, but again we can not force you to like it.

faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am - We actually use all those tools you mentioned. Our tool came into existence because we needed this option. This was an in house tool we used and decided to skin it and make it available to our costumers. The price point is low when buying it and it is also offered as a bonus with Polyphenom 2.
It isn't offered with Polyphenom 2, only with the bundle (or I misread again?).
faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am - There is no need to attack, you can request a feature politely and you will find out we will probably add what our users ask, as we always try to do.
I am not attacking. Sorry if it sounded like that. I am just saying that, to me, this seems like a very incomplete and unfeatured tool. If you know and used both Audio-Term and WaveEdit, then start from there, and build something that does what they do, and more.
faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am - Sorry if you are disappointed in it, but i think the info is in no way misleading. Everything about it is explained in the video, info and manual.
Maybe it's my fault, I am not blaming you on that. I am just saying that it is unfeatured and incomplete.
faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am - On a personal note, we see you purchased this with the big Polyphenom 2 bundle. So this you got as a small thing with extra value to a very fair and robust bundle, we think you got an honest deal, if you do not we are sorry to hear that and perhaps you will in time enjoy it more.
I bought the bundle because of this, otherwise I would have gone with just the instrument, and saved 16,00 euros. I don't need presets or wavetables, I have plenty of them built by me. But that's OK, as I said, I am not blaming you. If you want me to contribute for a really useful wavetable editor, just drop me a message, and I can collaborate with you on that. This isn't what I think a wavetable editor should be.
Fernando (FMR)

faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 am
fmr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am And there is nothing "advanced" in the "interpolation ability". I can load any wave file into Pigments, for example, and it interprets it. The same applies to several other wavetable synths I own. You should know better. I don't need a wavetable editor for that. In the current state this is USELESS.
Cool that Pigments does it. There are dozens of other synths that don't, hardware included. There is a use for this if you look for it, but again we can not force you to like it.
DOZENS? There aren't "dozens" of wavetable synths (I'm not sure if there is even ONE dozen, but maybe there is), and the good ones all interpolate somehow. Point is: You either want to create a really useful tool or you don't. But charging for this when there are FREE tools that are way more advanced isn't cool, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

I understand mate and thanks for taking a softer tone in your last response :)

But yes look even the name we used for this topic -

Ocean Swift - Wavetabler (Wavetable Patcher Sewing Machine)

Specifically implying that this is a patcher and not a full blown editor. Our in-house tool that we built for our own use IS actually more of an editor, but for the release we took the patching page of it and made it into a device.

Really the idea was to simplify it to do one job and do it good, we thought that was the best approach because as you said there are additional GREAT tools out there that do other wavetable jobs very well.

Anyhow, about those 15e - now you are an owner, you will get future versions of Polyphenom and of the Wavetabler! I dare to say I don't think you wasted money :)

We are good guys, not here to piss off or screw our costumers, but to work with them :)

fmr wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 am
faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 am
DOZENS? There aren't "dozens" of wavetable synths (I'm not sure if there is even ONE dozen, but maybe there is), and the good ones all interpolate somehow. Point is: You either want to create a really useful tool or you don't. But charging for this when there are FREE tools that are way more advanced isn't cool, IMO.
There are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We actually researched this, we have an internal excel file with all software and hardware wavetable synths and their wavetable specifications. VST, hardware, eourorack, VCV, other modulars... there ARE indeed dozens, each with different approaches.

faxinadu wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:08 am We actually researched this, we have an internal excel file with all software and hardware wavetable synths and their wavetable specifications. VST, hardware, eourorack, VCV, other modulars... there ARE indeed dozens, each with different approaches.
Really? Well, I wouldn't count wavetable MODULES as synths, but anyway: Do all of those use WAV files? Do all of those even allow to load user wavetables?
Fernando (FMR)

No of course not to both questions. But many do!

Actually this gives me an idea that maybe we will edit this list and include it in the manual for the next version.

Return to “Soundware”