Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:26 pm If the physical modeling guitar VST those students made is so great, then why the jonesing for IK to make one?
Because it's not a VST. It's a Windows only standalone proof of concept that ceased development after they got their grade. So, not a "passion project."

IK on the other hand supposedly do this for a living. So in theory, they'd make a finished commercial product that is developed and maintained and supports VST3 and Apple Silicon, etc.

And because they telegraphed their intention to develop said product when they trademarked MODO GUITARS.
Last edited by jamcat on Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

benjamind wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:24 pm But let's all forget about it, for now, for ever. There will be no MODO for guitars, and the longer we keep deluding ourselves otherwise, the longer wait for nothing. Time to move on . . . . . . .
Say NO to CLAP!

Yessss. Time to move onnnnn.

Ciao!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

:(

an-electric-heart wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:41 pm I was talking about this here a couple of days ago. I've been playing guitar for over 20 years, yet still use vsti guitars on my records. I write guitar parts on a guitar, then program those parts. I do it this way for a few reasons; You've instantly got a perfect take, you can move notes (or even change keys) later on, using samples recorded in ideal conditions you've instantly got a great sound.
I'll also add; I too am looking forward to Modo guitars as well, Modo bass is fantastic, it's made all the kontakt libraries I was previously using obsolete, it'll do the same for guitar samples I reckon... I do think it's safe to assume it's coming at some stage.
(this comment was going to be a reply, but I'll make it a general comment)
Exactly what I do! You can also change tempo easily. When you get down to recording yourself, with looping, comps, punchins, you are pretty much recording note by note. Do it in midi for the take you want.

Return to “Instruments”