Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Regarding snappy envelopes: One thing I've noticed with certain synths that sound particularly clean with snappy envelopes compared to others is in how completely silent they can get between notes (it seems to be a sense of audio loudness contrast, sort of like a gated reverb). Maybe a Noise Gate in the chain?

jethrobull wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:20 pm
resistent wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 pm [soliloquies on]
I don't want to buy another synthesizer!
This is ridiculous!
15€ for Lion?
C'mon! It's the price of a pizza and a drink...
Do I really need another synthesizer? ...
You already own Triad and you love it so get the synth sibling!
Give up! Think about the oscillator section and the effects...
But there are some design flaws...
15€!!! 15!!! And you spare some carbs, alcohol, sugar and time.
Cook some nice vegetarian food, drink a glass of water smoke some weed and play with the Lion afterwards.
Be nice to yourself.
Just let it go...
[soliloquies off]

For your information: I bought Lion a couple of minutes ago. And the exact price was 13,91€ :o :hyper: :hihi:
I went through more or less the same scenario. :tu: Although, you got it slightly cheaper than I. :hihi:
So what do you think are the chances it'll be offered for something like this again? Been busy and I missed the sale.

Tappistry wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:52 am
jethrobull wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:20 pm
resistent wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:42 pm [soliloquies on]
I don't want to buy another synthesizer!
This is ridiculous!
15€ for Lion?
C'mon! It's the price of a pizza and a drink...
Do I really need another synthesizer? ...
You already own Triad and you love it so get the synth sibling!
Give up! Think about the oscillator section and the effects...
But there are some design flaws...
15€!!! 15!!! And you spare some carbs, alcohol, sugar and time.
Cook some nice vegetarian food, drink a glass of water smoke some weed and play with the Lion afterwards.
Be nice to yourself.
Just let it go...
[soliloquies off]

For your information: I bought Lion a couple of minutes ago. And the exact price was 13,91€ :o :hyper: :hihi:
I went through more or less the same scenario. :tu: Although, you got it slightly cheaper than I. :hihi:
So what do you think are the chances it'll be offered for something like this again? Been busy and I missed the sale.
A very high chance :wink: Normally I just delete their constant spamming of emails but luckily I actually read this one. Otherwise I probably would have missed the sale too.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

EDIT: This has stopped happening now. I suspect stray pitch-bend data with a +/- 12 semitone range, in which case LION is fine. I think I was thrown off by how goofy/granular the downtuned patch sounds! Now if I can just figure out why some notes are randomly coming out too quietly...

-----------------------------------
I'm getting a strange behaviour where every now and again my whole LION (1.1.3) instance dramatically changes pitch. Has anyone else encountered this? Stopping and starting playback returns things to the correct pitch. It's a simple patch without any pitch modulation.

Happens at about 17s here:
https://soundcloud.com/phaseboundary/bu ... e2RI3fJt5C

Have only tried REAPER, and it seems to happen during realtime playback but not offline rendering.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anyone working with roli blocks?
i have the roli seaboard block, works, and the lightpad M, LION does not recognize the lightpad.
(i own seaboard block for some days, the lightpad arrived this day. so i can perhaps work it out myself, but why not ask?)

WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 am anyone working with roli blocks?
i have the roli seaboard block, works, and the lightpad M, LION does not recognize the lightpad.
(i own seaboard block for some days, the lightpad arrived this day. so i can perhaps work it out myself, but why not ask?)
Just tried it with the Lightpad M in Note Grid (MPE mode), it works. Issue might be with your Dashboard settings for the Lightpad M or with your DAW's settings.

Since Lion has the Roli 5D parameters built into its savable presets, 3rd party developers could easily come up with 5D presets. (It's too bad that for most of the presets it seems they didn't bother assigning anything to slide (T / timbre), release (R), or even pressure (A / aftertouch)....)

Ou_Tis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 pm
WasteLand wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 am anyone working with roli blocks?
Just tried it with the Lightpad M in Note Grid (MPE mode), it works. Issue might be with your Dashboard settings for the Lightpad M or with your DAW's settings.
yes can it must be a user error, i have also the roli seaboard block, the lighpad block will when attached, not be recognized as a seperate midi device, of course.
i am trying it in reaper (and bitwig demo...).
i have set the lightpad M to note grid. that works of course, but i mean:

the modulator module: roli lightpad, that it works as a x-y-'z pad, as a modulator.
so the modulator module i mean. it doesn't recognize the lightpad.

i am babbling... the Note Grid, MPE mode works for playing with LION, but as other unfiltered audio plugins have, a special modulator, that can make a special use of the roli lightpad.
it does not see the lightpad, connect (says "none").

i can play lion with the note grid (MPE mode)
Last edited by WasteLand on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:27 am Since Lion has the Roli 5D parameters built into its savable presets, 3rd party developers could easily come up with 5D presets. (It's too bad that for most of the presets it seems they didn't bother assigning anything to slide (T / timbre), release (R), or even pressure (A / aftertouch)....)
i make my own presets, so it is not a problem for me, sounddesign is what i like (and making songs..).
but for people that use presets, it is a pity that the full potential is used.
but you can of course connected them yourself...

i figured it out, but is a workaround, i am talking about the module/controller in the modulation section of lion (and all unfiltered audio plugins) for roli lightpad M.

i tried several ways to connect it, it didn't see the roli lightpad M.

but if when you are in a DAW, LION is open, and disconnected/reconnect the blocks (it works also when they magnetically chained), the lightpad M is detected.

i wrote PA, for support about this issue.

i would be nice, if it works instantly... (or there is something else what keeps it from showing up in controller module... but what?? the UA message shows now on my lightpad, when i am writing this..)

UPDATE

when connected via the roli seaboard block, the DAW does not respond anymore to the roli seabord block.... perhaps other methods.... it does not work...

Yeah it only works for me as an XY source if I have the Seaboard and Block unconnected and each on their own USB cable (or Bluetooth)

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:52 pm Yeah it only works for me as an XY source if I have the Seaboard and Block unconnected and each on their own USB cable (or Bluetooth)
if i connect the lightpad and seabord block both with their own USB cable, it works, but i still have to reconnect (deconnect/reconnect) in cubase and reaper.

i thought the same problem was also in bitwig, but it seems to work fine in bitwig.

perhaps, jumping from dashboard, daw's, synths etc, i got confused...

but still no dice, immediately in cubase or reaper (cubase pro 10.5.20, reaper 6.x).
disconnect and reconnect isn't that much trouble. but.... i like things to go smoothly as possible.

thanks for your reply! i am on windows, and which DAW you use?

i don't think the mode it is in, have to do with anything (or does it), because UA overwrites the mode it is in, when you click connect, in a way they load their own "app" (hee a UA app, would solve this, in the dashboard. perhaps.)

I’m using Bitwig too but on a Mac.

If I have them connected with the usb lead from the Seaboard it doesn’t detect the Lightpad block, only if I have each on a separate cable does it pick it up.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 pm I’m using Bitwig too but on a Mac.

If I have them connected with the usb lead from the Seaboard it doesn’t detect the Lightpad block, only if I have each on a separate cable does it pick it up.
it is stange, or it is the chaotic beginning, that i works in bitwig now, and reaper, not cubase. the 2 blocks on one usb cable. i thought it is was my virusscanner. i turned it off. and then it worked, and turning virusscanner on, it still works. strange strange.

EDIT: today it works only in bitwig, and reaper does not do it. perhaps with 2 usb cables, reaper will pick it up again. it some what erratic. it can be my system, i only is use it on my laptop now, for learning. i shall see how it works on my desktop. it can be driver issue.. i don't know..
desktop has also windows 10 (but pro, laptop home).

but besides the roli lightpad module of UA products, all works as expected.

EDIT 2: i made a support ticket with PA, that normally does not really work, but unfiltered audio gets these tickets themselves. so.. perhaps.. it something..

i have bitwig demo, by the way, but i gonna sell 2 things i don't use, can i buy bitwig, for cheap.
an addition to all the other DAW's. i think a gonna use bitwig for sounddesign, and for building songs ableton (or maschine or cubase), sounds strange. but not for me, i build sounds via several programs. or if bitwig isn't that interesting in the end, i sell it. or i sell ableton (+push 2).. i don't know.

Return to “Instruments”