FAW (Circle2) has released a new sub-bass synth: SubLab

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Burillo wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:21 pm why would anyone want to widen the bass? i thought the direction was pretty much the opposite, with various mono-makers etc.
Most of the presets are 100% mono. Some like 95%.
The average bored guy

Halonmusic wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:52 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:30 am
Halonmusic wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:08 amMeh.
Lol. Yeah that was my first thought too, Halon...but I might reserve judgement until I get a chance to try it out. For the intro price of $40 it could be worth it for a simple sub kick synth, but the regular price of $70 is too much in my opinion.
I think 40$ is too much for something like this :hihi:
:hihi: Yeah, you might be right.

Looks like it’s competing with NIs TRK01 bass.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

dsfrghfdwdgfhgnbvfh,jh
Last edited by Obsolete317542 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Burillo wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:21 pm why would anyone want to widen the bass? i thought the direction was pretty much the opposite, with various mono-makers etc.
Many people are listening to music using headphones. So wide bass can sound very cool.

Gavin@FAW wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:36 pm What may be interesting to KVR, is that while developing SubLab we finally implemented resize-able GUI for Circle2 and some more improvements, with that update coming soon.
that IS indeed interesting. Waiting for that update :tu:

Sublab sounds excellent. I'll definitely be picking this up next week

The one thing this has over Kick 2 is the subharmonic generator that you would normally find on MaxxBass or RenBass. Apparently, there is a discount code: "mrdiffsublab" to knock the price down to $34.00.

Honestly, this is a very cool product, but for someone that has Kick 2, MaxxBass, and such, it's mostly a redundant buy.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Man, $34 for SubLab, nicer price indeed

You say it's like the Waves stuff - can SL process audio like Ren Bass does? I'll have to search.

No demo version available?

Igro wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm
Many people are listening to music using headphones. So wide bass can sound very cool.
Very common in current electronic music. I actually found it quite tricky to do that correctly without introducing all kinds of phasing issues. There is this sweet spot where it tickles your ears on headphones and at the same time still is mono compatible.

SubLab is very nice btw, has a couple of very good presets. I think the FAW synths are generally very underrated. And thanks to Mathematics for posting that coupon. I was not planning on picking it up this month but who can say no to a good coupon. :lol:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

e@rs wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:58 pm No demo version available?
Couldn't find one, I just bought on the off chance, loving it so far FWIW (they give a refund if you don't like it).

Gorgeous UI, and of course set up to easily create bass sounds with some cracking presets., Good intro price.

Question: is there any easy way to scroll between samples, like the 'next preset' scrolling arrows but for the included samples

Still C/R for activation?

Mathematics wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 am Apparently, there is a discount code: "mrdiffsublab" to knock the price down to $34.00.
Thanks! :tu:

I'm loving Sublab's presets so far. IMO it's usable beyond just Trap. Right now I'm just going through my projects and replacing the kicks or bass lines with Sublab and getting some great results (not all but what works, works really well). :hail:

FWIW I mainly do funky break beats/mid tempo breaks/electro/Lo Fi stuff

Return to “Instruments”