Hive 2.0 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

colonel_mustard wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 pm
dugman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 pm
deastman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:26 pm Is anyone else having problems buying the update? Share-it keeps rejecting my order, using both PayPal and a credit card. Never had an issue buying from them before.
Yes, same here - I just tried right now with different types of payment on two separate order numbers and it would not complete the payment. Hopefully an easy fix...

Thanks!
bax
Me three. First payment was rejected after 30 mins or so but the second time it went through instantly (Visa). All sorted here now, anyway. Have faith.

This is a vast improvement on Hive 1 in terms of feel imho, and I love the modulation system. I'm a little intimidated by scripting but not too much, which is a nice level of complexity. Pretty tired right now, but I will say thanks Team u-he :)
I just called Share-it support. They said they’re having technical issues right now, and that I should try to purchase it again in another 24 hours. :cry:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'm new to Hive, but have to say what an incredible sound this has. There is a certain warmth and organic richness that is truly inspiring. I mainly have polyphonic analog synths and think Hive has largely killed my desire for digital hardware synths.

I'm looking forward to using it in some recent compositions.

Synthient Sound wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:46 pm I'm new to Hive, but have to say what an incredible sound this has. There is a certain warmth and organic richness that is truly inspiring. I mainly have polyphonic analog synths and think Hive has largely killed my desire for digital hardware synths.

I'm looking forward to using it in some recent compositions.
Great to know that I am not the only one. I think it sounds beautiful..and alive..it is a modulation beast, while being easy and fast to use. There are some factory patches which are jaw dropping (come to my mind the sequences or 'loops', the stuff by HS, KS, JH, ETE, EH, TUC, YEM and the new generative stuff by YY ).
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed May 29, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

I read there are some new wavetables. Any idea which ones those are?

While Hive 2 of course cannot replace my other synths and isn‘t the best choice for all kind of sounds it is maybe the most musical and most fun to play synth since a long time.
So far best synth release this year for me!!

bftucker wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:51 pm
ATS wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:01 pm also where do i put in my serial number on hive 2?
It seems that you are not running Hive 2. If you were, a pop-up would ask for your name and serial. I would reinstall and note where Hive 2 is being installed.

Good luck.

then what does the little 2 next to "Hive" mean? :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Liero wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 pmThe new UI is a major improvement! So much more readable and viewable at a glance.
Really? I think it's quite boring by comparison and little things like the Osc 1 & 2 panels not quite being the same, I had hoped they would be properly mirrored, sort of spoil it a bit. And with their now being 11 tabs across the bottom, instead of 3, there is a lot more hidden away than there used to be.
Cinebient wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:20 amWhile Hive 2 of course cannot replace my other synths
Why not? I replace old synths with new ones all the time. When I bought Hive 1.2 earlier this year, I replaced half-a-dozen different parts on different songs that were basically ready to master and in every case it made the piece better.
and isn‘t the best choice for all kind of sounds
Like what? It's a synth, it will do whatever you program it to do.

I find it exceedingly strange that you can't just say that it's good. That you feel the need to add these caveats almost makes it seem like you are damning it with faint praise.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

free if bought within grace period (after Jan 20th 2019)
Wow, that's super generous. This may just convince me to buy it. Cheers on the awesome release!

Edit: in fact, just purchased :)
Last edited by d2dsf on Wed May 29, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:59 am11 tabs across the bottom, instead of 3
Still just 3 tabs, unless you count the XY setup tabs on the right, which are fully optional.

The other grey things are Modulation sources which don't have their own module. You can drag them onto knobs, the scope or the matrix to avoid using drop down lists. They're a workflow improvement.

Right. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, got it installed this morning and then had to go to work. I was just going by the image on the first page. It's one of the things I like best about Hive - everything where I can see it so it's good to know that hasn't changed.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I just got curious in Hive 2.0 and downloaded it (I have no experience with version 1.x), but I can not seem to find any init preset for programming patches myself. Having searched www, it seems like there should be some kind of --INIT-- in the user folder? Mine is empty. Is this a bug? (Windows 10)

Best regards,
Sven

will a prelisten of NKS sounds follow like on diva and repro-1

Previews download is in first post

svenh wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 am I just got curious in Hive 2.0 and downloaded it (I have no experience with version 1.x), but I can not seem to find any init preset for programming patches myself. Having searched www, it seems like there should be some kind of --INIT-- in the user folder? Mine is empty. Is this a bug? (Windows 10)

Best regards,
Sven
Have you tried right clicking the preset name in the main window?

mrj1nx wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:34 am
svenh wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 am I just got curious in Hive 2.0 and downloaded it (I have no experience with version 1.x), but I can not seem to find any init preset for programming patches myself. Having searched www, it seems like there should be some kind of --INIT-- in the user folder? Mine is empty. Is this a bug? (Windows 10)

Best regards,
Sven
Have you tried right clicking the preset name in the main window?
That did it, thanks for your help! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”