Neutron 3 just dropped

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Advanced Neutron 3 Standard Neutron Elements

drdriller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 pm
thermal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?
this could be about the dirty flag issue i mention earlier, when mapping automation the first control maps well but as you try to map a second control, the first event that come to the host is not the control but a litterally named "dirty flag" event, so the mapping do not occurs.

some host map the desired event + the dirty flag event, so the automation is working but a strange dirty flag event is also triggered on each automation move, weird, so badly designed, those guys are not serious programmers.
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm I‘m on Mac as well and have really no problems with Neutron in LogicPro.
how many dynamic band can you set before your cpu glitch ?
I usually have around ten tracks with Neutron / Track Assistant applied.
I never checked the headroom when cpu starts glitching.
It simply doesn‘t.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm
drdriller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:01 pm
thermal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm Have they fixed the incompatibility with control surfaces yet? Neutron 2 gets very little use over here because it maps really badly to midi CCs. Several users including myself have complained about it, and they acknowledge the problem but it seems they don't care...unless it works now?
this could be about the dirty flag issue i mention earlier, when mapping automation the first control maps well but as you try to map a second control, the first event that come to the host is not the control but a litterally named "dirty flag" event, so the mapping do not occurs.

some host map the desired event + the dirty flag event, so the automation is working but a strange dirty flag event is also triggered on each automation move, weird, so badly designed, those guys are not serious programmers.
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 pm I‘m on Mac as well and have really no problems with Neutron in LogicPro.
how many dynamic band can you set before your cpu glitch ?
I usually have around ten tracks with Neutron / Track Assistant applied.
I never checked the headroom when cpu starts glitching.
It simply doesn‘t.
Yes, seems very efficient.

medienhexer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:21 pm
Razzia wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:11 pm
medienhexer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:45 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:25 pm
mcbpete wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:15 pm
drdriller wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:20 am v2 was unusable
That's weird - I wonder how I managed to use it on every channel of every track since release without any issues? :D
Yes, very strange! Neutron 2 is working flawlessly and impressing well on all my tracks too... :lol:
Perhaps performance on Mac OS vs Windows?

On my Mac, it uses up more than Diva or Repro playing pad sounds in high quality. So I can use maybe four or five Instances due to CPU spikes caused by Neutron.
You wouldn't happen to be a Studio One user, would you?

Before I switched to Cubase, one of the things that put me off of S1 was that during the series of feature updates that added their built in console saturation thing, certain plugins (including, and especially, izotope) caused cpu to utterly skyrocket.
No, it’s Logic and Ableton Live in my case. But yes, when I demoed S1, it had terrible performance for me, too.
Windows S1 user here: Tried Neutron 3 last night and was extremely unstable with midi instruments+low buffer size. However, after bouncing to audio and increasing the buffer size, the quick mix I did was stable and performing well with both Neutron 3+Ozone in the session. That wouldn’t have been possible previously so there are definite performance improvements.

Neutron 3 still doesn’t automatically pickup the names of the channels though (FabFilter Q3 does this perfectly). (I reported this to Izotope with Neutron 2). Workaround: probably a bunch of names presets, but that means adding the plugin to channels one by one.

gaf_thit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm "I am an amateur with no income from my strange music"
For some reason that just made my day. The shear humility of that statement is refreshing. :lol:

The upgrade to N3 Advanced from N2 Advanced is 50€ less than what it is if you have any Izotope product. :bang:

Now I seriously wish they would end up bankrupt asap!

This is just bizarre - Mark Ethier seems like a really nice, likeable and sensible guy, but his company... ? Oh boy!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:50 am The fact that v3 supposedly uses less RAM and 1/3 of CPU of the v2 means previous version is faulty or at least crappily coded.
Exactly! Neutron always used an insane amount of CPU for what it does. Way too much for a thing that wants to sit on every or at least on most channels.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Nevermind⁹
Last edited by Caine123 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

dica wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:47 pm
BERFAB wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:23 pm Other than Neutron 3 Advanced, what does this particular upgrade add?
I can´t see anything else.
For me, from mpb2, upgrade of ozone 7 to 8, n1 to 3, rx7 to name a few...but time is stretched thin as it is...

dblock wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:11 pm
gaf_thit wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:03 pm "I am an amateur with no income from my strange music"
For some reason that just made my day. The shear humility of that statement is refreshing. :lol:
Hehe, well I was reminded the other day of the meaning of the word amateur.
«An amateur, from French amateur "lover of", is generally considered a person who pursues a particular activity or field of study independently from their source of income.»
from wikipedia

I enjoy making music, but I must restrain my GAS-impulse. Ooh new shiny shiny....
What I already have is mindblowing compared to what I had 10 years ago, but my talent/knack hasn't improved correspondingly. Oh well, keep playing.

So you admit Mark seems like a nice guy but you want to destroy his life by having his company that he dedicated his life too and built from the grown up, which BTW is not a big company at all still, you want it to go bankrupt because he's not offering his new product to you at a cheap enough discount?
jens wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:13 pm The upgrade to N3 Advanced from N2 Advanced is 50€ less than what it is if you have any Izotope product. :bang:

Now I seriously wish they would end up bankrupt asap!

This is just bizarre - Mark Ethier seems like a really nice, likeable and sensible guy, but his company... ? Oh boy!

Did I say that? :lol:

I completely loathe the way the company does business and in my opinion it therefor would be a good thing if they went out of business. I only mentioned the owner because both pictures in my head somehow do not seem to fit together at all. But if the nicest guy in the world runs a shitty company it's still a shitty company at the end of the day, and thus in my opinion it does not make any sense to have more sympathy for a company like that only because I seem to have sympathy for its owner - who I don't know personally at all btw so:
a) my positive impression might of him might be completely flawed
b) my sympathy for him certainly has more limits than it might have had I ever exchanged even just a single word with the guy in real life
That you think I should have so much sympathy to not wish ill to the in my opinion loathe-worthy company of the poor poor guy (poor because of my mean mean ill will :hihi:) just cracks me up!
You're a funny guy! :lol:

Or, people can stop whining about high upgrade prices and have a little patience, wait until the hype cools down, and get it for 50% off during Black Friday Sales.

Always expect to pay a premium to get it first, even with an intro discount, let the new car smell wear off and be a sensible shopper.

ictools wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:58 pm Or, people can stop whining about high upgrade prices and have a little patience, wait until the hype cools down, and get it for 50% off during Black Friday Sales.

Always expect to pay a premium to get it first, even with an intro discount, let the new car smell wear off and be a sensible shopper.
Last Black Friday, upgrades to Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 were still offered at 25% off, not 50% off, as far as I can remember.

The intro upgrade for Neutron 3 is 25% off right now, correct?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:13 am
ictools wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:58 pm Or, people can stop whining about high upgrade prices and have a little patience, wait until the hype cools down, and get it for 50% off during Black Friday Sales.

Last Black Friday, upgrades to Neutron 2 and Ozone 8 were still offered at 25% off, not 50% off, as far as I can remember.

The longer you wait the cheaper it gets. If your want outweighs your need, you can expect to pay more, that's just how the business world operates. It will hit 50% off eventually, either on Black Friday or a few months before their next planned upgrade is released. Same old story...

ictools wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 am
EnochLight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:13 am

The longer you wait the cheaper it gets. If your want outweighs your need, you can expect to pay more, that's just how the business world operates. It will hit 50% off eventually, either on Black Friday or a few months before their next planned upgrade is released. Same old story...
OK but, do you have any email screen caps or proof that the upgrades hit 50% off? I just went through my entire email history since Neutron 1 and I can only find 25% discounts being offered.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Effects”