The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 pm Plugin Alliance is still „currently working“ on their 20$ transfer fee for the automated procedure (NI transfer process is for example completely free) and on their restriction that only ONE transfer can be done per month (I‘m not aware of any other developer to have such a restriction).

The whole situation at Plugin Alliance is ridiculous, annoying and extremely customer unfriendly!

Just my 2 cents...
Best thing that has happened to me in the last couple of years:
1. Sell all PA plugins right before the (fourth?) debacle. There is nothing I had that I would still use today.
2. Rediscover and invest in devs such as DMG, Toneboosters, Voxengo, TDR, Sonimus...
3. Use the rest of the money to throw a steak/beer bbq with friends
4. Make more music

Next step: avoid and completely ignore any PA thread (work in progress)
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I have a tough time with "next step" myself :hihi:

But, this IS the the place to discuss it. I'd rather have it here than spamming the new releases (which I probably won't buy but it's fun when people actually discuss the product :) )

I'm happy I already own the few PA plugins that interest me. Unsubscribed from their mailing list because I don't care about a new amp plugin every 3 days.

I'm only interested in UA plugins and obviously I'm not going to pay a subscription and I'm not going to pay 200 or 300 euros for a plugin. In other words, Plugin Alliance has a hard time with me. :)

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:52 pm Plugin Alliance is still „currently working“ on their 20$ transfer fee for the automated procedure (NI transfer process is for example completely free) and on their restriction that only ONE transfer can be done per month (I‘m not aware of any other developer to have such a restriction).

Meanwhile, at PA HQ:

D is for...Dirk
D is for...Deluded
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

stearine wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:38 am

Meanwhile, at PA HQ:

:lol: oh man, there are some good ones in these threads.

:lol:

escalona wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:06 pm Best thing that has happened to me in the last couple of years:
1. Sell all PA plugins right before the (fourth?) debacle. There is nothing I had that I would still use today.
2. Rediscover and invest in devs such as DMG, Toneboosters, Voxengo, TDR, Sonimus...
3. Use the rest of the money to throw a steak/beer bbq with friends
4. Make more music

Next step: avoid and completely ignore any PA thread (work in progress)
Tried to follow your rules, didn‘t work.
I only have the free plug-ins because I never understood that all time mentioned voucher system. And when looking through their collection, all they sell is covered with my stock Bitwig plug-ins except for Thorn, which I bought from Dmitry directly...
And of course I don‘t get wooden GUIs...
Last point doesn‘t work either, its too entertaining because people who spent thousands are posting and whining here...

i really don't understand how they take so long to update their website.
Like version history of plugins for example, fair enough they stock a lot of plugins, but it shouldn't take much longer than a few hours to type...?

sqigls wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:13 am i really don't understand how they take so long to update their website.
It´s all because you guys refuse to sign up for their game-changing subscription model. That´s why they lack the manpower to update the website. You gotta realize that they have families to feed. And race cars to drive.

I´m waiting since July 30 for a further response from plugin alliance (multiple licenses fee which fave been mostly transferred before their "new system"). So I cannot use the plugins because I never planned to spend 140 dollars to activate 6 plugins.

The funny thing is that in the meantime I lose my interest in the company as a whole. of course i will use the ones i got (and also the recently purchased ones, once they succeed in "making it possible"). But I really doubt that I´ll buy more plugins from them in the future.

Deep in those EULAs and T&Cs that we all accede to and rarely read are usually clauses along the lines of 'We can do whatever the f**k' we want'. Rarely, however, have I seen such egregious (ab)use of this than I have from PA over the last couple of years.

I dont understand you guys here at all! Why are you complaining? Seems you are the only ones. On their facebook group i only read great stuff and happy customers all praying to dirk. You should also join there and get convinced! It is a new religion. PA PA PA!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Effects”