Developers worth supporting

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tony Frenzel (Klanghelm) is a cool developer, very friendly and responsive. Not to mention he makes great plugins. I think most developers are not such bad. I can also not say bad things about the bigger companies like Waves or Arturia.

Sorry to turn to the negative, but the only company/guy I passionately don't support (and even advise people to avoid) is Wusik.

chk071 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 pm ;)

Any company who has products endorsed by Jordan Rudess...
cool, ive got some gravel needs shifting, bet hell endorse that for me

I like Voxengo (Aleksey Vaneev).
I use his Plugins since many years and im very happy with the performance and stability.
Had some feature requests over the past years and always received a reply from Aleksey.
(e.g. the 1/24 octave spectrum smoothing option in Span which has been added recently)

4damind wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm Cytomic (Andrew Simper)
I second this. Truly amazing work.

Slate, PA, and Roland

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 pm Slate, PA, and Roland
Slate-I-don't-care-about-updates-just-want-to-release-new-stuff. No thank you.
No one has mentioned Kush yet. Makes great plugins. :tu:

Definitely not Melda Productions if you’re a Mac user:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=531540

Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm Definitely not Melda Productions if you’re a Mac user:

Don't listen to this apple fanboy. Melda is one of the best developers around, and audio devs usually have a lot of brain, so it is wise to listen to them.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm Definitely not Melda Productions if you’re a Mac user:

Don't listen to this apple fanboy. Melda is one of the best developers around, and audio devs usually have a lot of brain, so it is wise to listen to them.
I linked to the thread so people can make their own minds up.

... and you neglected to answer the question. This is the 'Developers worth supporting' thread.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

So I’m pointing out one who gave me reason to stop supporting them. It’s still helpful information to anyone wanting to know who is worth supporting, and I didn’t even provide any additional opinion - I’m just giving anyone the opportunity to read what changed my mind about supporting them and they can evaluate for themselves.

I'm the OP. This thread did not go the way I had hoped. Probably just being naive, though I have been on KVR for ages. I was kind of hoping this thread would just fade away, and people would go back to the usually threads for their concerns about other devs. I had been hoping to highlight some devs who do good work, but don't get the support or recognition they should if they were better known.

I really have nothing against criticizing the devs who deserve it, but there is already so much of that.

And I haven’t tried to needlessly criticize, nor vented because of a purchase or support issue. I’m just pointing out a developer who seems to have no qualms about disparaging part of his user base - I think that’s a step too far and I no longer want to be a customer.

(If you want the thread to fade away, I think I’m right in saying that as the OP you can lock it)

@Topic: Or... we could come to the logical conclusion, that any dev who works in this hard business, where isn't much money to be made, is worth supporting. And, that it vastly depends on the end product, whether or not we decide to part with our hard earned money. Anything else is just politics, TBH.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”