Why so little respect for the synthetic "instruments" we're creating?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hawkwind :band2:

Talking Heads when they first came out and TH in 1984 are two very different groups really.
They were just kind of boring in 77. A really big deal but I didn't get why.
Another act I saw at that time was Devo, which was a pretty happening show.
I think David Byrne is an interesting guy, but I remember too well when he came out with this Brazilian music act revealing he's not really any kind of singer. I had someone really turn on me for saying that I've known since before 1984.
A bit cult of personality, who knew.

BONES wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:14 am
I'm not sure how that works, given that plenty of rock incorporates synths but very little electronic music incorporates guitars. Then there are bands like mine, who make rock music using only synthesisers. NOVAkILL is much more comfortable being labelled "Rock" than "Electronic".
exactly.
generalised statements are pointless

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:19 pm hawkwind :band2:
:tu:

we're talking about respect? :scared: in 2019?? :?
don't wait for it.
BONES wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:14 amI like Tom and we know each other quite well but I've never been a big fan of his music. I certainly don't think he ever pushed any boundaries where synth sounds are concerned. Cabaret Voltaire, maybe, to an extent, but not Severed Heads.
"choir control"
maybe not analog/hw synth, but digitised audio + sequencing primarily with anything voice, which created a unique "psyche sphere". even sequencing was pushing the envelope then. CVTBB for example, nowt that is ever gonig to sound much like it.

you should get 10 points or some kind of destroyer class space cruiser fleet at least for trying to talk about puppy on a music forum in 2019.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a Skinny Puppy fan. I think they're a crude bunch of noise makers. I don't even know why this song was censored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHukxL2mIk

You can't understand a damn word they're saying. The vocals are buried in the mix with, what sounds like, some kind of distortion.

At least Nine Inch Nails has some class and Trent Reznor has some talent. These guys? Never got them.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 pm I don't even know why this song was censored.
I don’t think it was. They renamed the track for the single release it to avoid record shops refusing to stock it because of the title.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:05 pm I don't even know why this song was censored.
I don’t think it was. They renamed the track for the single release it to avoid record shops refusing to stock it because of the title.
Well it was the original release that was censored. Yeah, I get that they renamed it. Just don't understand why a title would be that big a deal. I mean look at Pink's F***ing Perfect.

Wasn’t VIVISsect VI released around the time Tipper Gore was ramping her war on bad words in records? The moral panic had subsided by the time Pink was getting famous.

Gamma-UT wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm Wasn’t VIVISsect VI released around the time Tipper Gore was ramping her war on bad words in records? The moral panic had subsided by the time Pink was getting famous.
As I don't follow politics, I can't say one way or another. Tipper Gore was not somebody I ever gave even a first thought to. But I guess it's quite possible.

you must remember the stickers "parental advisory"?

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:01 pm you must remember the stickers "parental advisory"?
They still use them afaik. The last First Aid Kit CD has one because she sings "shit gets f**ked up" in one of the songs.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:08 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:01 pm you must remember the stickers "parental advisory"?
They still use them afaik. The last First Aid Kit CD has one because she sings "shit gets f**ked up" in one of the songs.
worst idea ever, i was at that age where the parental advisory sticker attracted me to the album.
she sold more records by bands id have never noticed otherwise :lol:

I'm sure there's a T-Shirt available ... same as the "Home Taping Is Killing Music" and "Keep Music Live" campaigns.

Return to “Instruments”