Soundtoys 6 - What would you like to see?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 pmWhich forum?
Their beta forum for testers.

bungle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 pm
Sahul wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:53 pm
kev2525 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:40 pm Any news on vst 3?did the soundtoys retire to an island in the Bahamas or something?
For what they have said on their forums, it should enter public beta very soon.
Which forum?
https://beta.soundtoys.com/

The single thing I would appreciate is a more intuitive graphic interface. I find that the interface as is gets in my way at times and I've never felt a flow with it.

Better interface and resizable windows should be a minor upgrade, not major, IMO.

Just in case SoundToys are checking this thread still, I want to add my asks for V6:
- Oversampling up to x8.
- Huge improvements to the UIs. They are difficult to look at, very grainy, big changes there please.
- More practical presets, not crazy experimental ones from known artists.
- Make Effects Rack available on its own, without the extra plugins, for much cheaper if we own 3 or 4 plugins or more.
- Settings page in the plugin where I set names or parameters plus other UI functions instead of having to get my favourite setup every time I load a plugin.
- Any updates to the algos would be nice.
Thanks!

I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the UIs :shrug: That said, yes, please make them resizeable and maybe modernize them a bit, but I have no problem with their appearance.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I don’t mind the UI’s but the contrast ratio on them is a little harsh and sometimes tough to read. A little adjustment to that and I’d be more than happy.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:57 pm I'm probably in the minority here, but I like the UIs :shrug: That said, yes, please make them resizeable and maybe modernize them a bit, but I have no problem with their appearance.
yeah. same here.

- (extra) oversampling, i do it with reaper's plugin OS but ST plugs only support 192k so you can only OS 2x in 96k.

- reliable perceptual real-time level compensation, with a lock icon when you're happy and don't want any more changes.

- UI improvements as mentioned.

- and if the algos/SQ can be improved in other ways, great 🙂.

surprised over the years this was never done

high bit depth parameter divisions like on the Moogerfoogers.

oh yeah and a big one for me (that I've worked around with my own code): delay drift when slaved to the host bpm.

ie. so it internally runs at a slightly lower bpm (or higher i guess) than the host, so that delay repeats don't sound so quantized and more organic. I use this all the time because I rarely want bang-on-the-beat repeats.

and the 'drift' parameter should be a percentage of the host bpm, so its vibe is maintained automatically as bpm changes (including with bpm automation or if you later decide to play the song faster or slower).

Some good wah effects

I too like the UI's, actually i really like them! (22" screen)

The only thing i miss related to UI is echoboy while setting taps, i too feel like it's precision surgery sometimes..... maybe cliking on the taps screen it could open a bigger window.....?

Other than that, the same as long ago( inside effect rack....):

- Modulators like MSEG's and LFO's assignable to as many parameters as possible, not just hard wired ones like like filterfreak Frequency...
.. we don't all have bitwig...

- feedback paths/serial/parallel routings

_gl wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:32 pm oh yeah and a big one for me (that I've worked around with my own code): delay drift when slaved to the host bpm.

ie. so it internally runs at a slightly lower bpm (or higher i guess) than the host, so that delay repeats don't sound so quantized and more organic. I use this all the time because I rarely want bang-on-the-beat repeats.

and the 'drift' parameter should be a percentage of the host bpm, so its vibe is maintained automatically as bpm changes (including with bpm automation or if you later decide to play the song faster or slower).

uhm.... wait - what?

show me a delay that doesn`t have this - and the Soundtoys delays are even amongst the most flexible ones in that regard.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”