What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

60 cycle hum is my enemy. Even the reduced hum of the PRS partial split is too much for me.

I need a new pickup switch tip for one of my guitars. Old one split apart way back when and was glued back together couple of times already. But now amidst moving the gear around, it got lost. And I just bought a set of picks the other year... :P

I bought a Revstar last year and it has cured a lot of my guitar/gear lust.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Recently bought a Tusq XL nut, 50cm ruler, nice (Crimson) fret rocker and some cheap under-string radius gauges. Trying to get to the bottom of some long-standing fret buzz issues on my first (tele-ish) guitar. If I can get it to play nicely in C-standard then maybe the pickup shopping can start...

imrae wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:04 pm Recently bought a Tusq XL nut, 50cm ruler, nice (Crimson) fret rocker and some cheap under-string radius gauges. Trying to get to the bottom of some long-standing fret buzz issues on my first (tele-ish) guitar. If I can get it to play nicely in C-standard then maybe the pickup shopping can start...
I got the Crimson notched straightedge and fret rocker, essential tools. They are quality.

I made the mistake of buying several cheaper equivalents that were poorly machined and not flat. Buy cheap buy twice.

Chris Alsop's tools are also quality, but ugly. Their diamond fret files are like a hot knife through butter, even on stainless frets.
https://www.chrisalsopguitar.co.uk/shop/guitar-tools

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:49 pm I bought a Revstar last year and it has cured a lot of my guitar/gear lust.
P90s or Humbucker model ?

fedexnman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:17 pm
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:49 pm I bought a Revstar last year and it has cured a lot of my guitar/gear lust.
P90s or Humbucker model ?
Humbucker. I got the eight hundred dollar model, where pulling the knob gives you mid-focus. I kind of wish it was bright focus (or even coil splitting) but the feel of the guitar is just so great.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

I just received this beauty - Cort KX507MS:

Let me tell you for the price you get a lot with this one! Looks great, plays great, the neck is amazing + Fishman Fluence Modern set!! I cannot put it down.

Also ordered Schecter Banshee Mach-7 but will have to wait a few more months since they are out of stock:

Will be finally getting some 7 string action!! :D

Jazz bass bridge pickup template to mod my Yamaha RBX 260.
Then, a Fleor alnico pickup.

Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed May 29, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You can get those for less than half the Stew Mac price on eBay. I bought the P-90 version and it's identical to the template I bought from Stew Mac.

Uncle E wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:49 pm You can get those for less than half the Stew Mac price on eBay. I bought the P-90 version and it's identical to the template I bought from Stew Mac.
Goes to show, we have to shop around.
Musiclily Pro CNC Accurate Acrylic Pickup Routing Template for Standard Jazz Bass Bridge Pickup £15.45 / $19.62 @Amazon/Aliexpress
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TML5H37? ... ct_details

Return to “Guitars”