What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

guitarhero_24 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:43 am I will buy a rechargeable tuner for convenience because swapping out batteries can be a hassle.
I can recommend a TC Electronic Unitune/Polytune clip, I've had no battery issues or any other with the Polytune clip. It might not be for someone not interested in using a strobe tuner for accuracy.

I've had one of those die on me (under warranty, quickly replaced with a new unit by Thomann). Thing that occasionally bothers me is the power goes off automatically. Good for the battery, but not if you're not quite there, and go to tune a string just as it switches off. Otherwise, better than a Snark, imo.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:06 pm I've had one of those die on me (under warranty, quickly replaced with a new unit by Thomann). Thing that occasionally bothers me is the power goes off automatically. Good for the battery, but not if you're not quite there, and go to tune a string just as it switches off. Otherwise, better than a Snark, imo.
Yeah, I had a Snark, It didn't survive the washing machine, must check pockets.
I got the TC for the alleged accuracy, I also use a Thomann CTC-50 clip on.

I've also had the TC turn off during tuning, it's not a biggie.
The TC strobe seemed a good choice for setting a guitar's intonation.

The polytune seems neat, I don't own a tuner as I don't really use them. They are neat though,
I may get one :lol:

i tend to use the one in guitar rig if i bother at all.
given the amount of fx, i doubt most people know it's a guitar, let alone it's not been tuned :hihi:

I need a decent delay pedal for my guitar setup. Any suggestions?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm I need a decent delay pedal for my guitar setup. Any suggestions?
Check out the jam pedals delay Llama Extreme. Great delay, lots of weirdness in the extreme modes!
Highly recommended. :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm I need a decent delay pedal for my guitar setup. Any suggestions?
The TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 is cool. I don't know if they're in production but you can find them on Reverb.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

The Strymon Timeline is very cool as well, if you need all the advanced control and whatnot. It's expensive and digital however, if that's an issue.
Last edited by pekbro on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanx guys. Will check 'em out. Been looking at the ZEN Delay https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rlh3cumzz7Q

Going to go have a look at this James Neligan EW3000CN tomorrow. It's for sale at my local* guitar shop for £150 (pre-owned). Looks in great condition and I don't have an electro-acoustic (yet). :ud:

JAMES NELIGAN EW3000CN.jpg

*25 miles away ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

you need to drill a big hole in that :)

i like it :tu:
never seen them before.

Nice. I’d have mistaken it for a Godin. Am I right that it’s nylon strung?
I do want a cheap classical at some point myself.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

It's a steel strung with a solid body actually ... I haven't heard of them before either. They're available from Thomann and a few other sites for around £240. It caught my eye coz its Telecaster shaped. I'm hoping it's not as heavy as my Fender:hihi:

EDIT: I think it is nylon strung after all, which makes it even better. :)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Guitars”