Pashkuli Keyboards: discussion + demos

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is some recent photos.
No more updates for now, only those photos of the final prototypes.
They have been tested already by a few keyboard players, so it is about time...

I sincerely admire your design! As a bit of a keyboard player, I can imagine the advantages of a five-row keyboard for a range of chords and fast arpeggios. About the curved keys... it will be clear only when you touch them, but they look great!)
I haven't read the whole topic, but I see that many are critical simply because the creator of the keyboard is not a professional keyboard player. Just try to understand that without engineers who themselves do not know how to play their instruments, we, musicians, would have much fewer tools for self-expression. So I think that you just need to support the author of the project with kind words or at least keep your sarcasm to yourself. And to you, dear creator, I wish to find a musician who can unlock the potential of your unusual instruments, and then perhaps you will make another breakthrough in the performance of music!

Pashkuli - you claim you are into science. Scientists can have all the theories in the world and those theories can seem perfectly logical, but until they have been peer reviewed and tested in practice by a selection of other scientists, no claims can be made concerning the reality of the subject. Your problem is that you make so many certain claims about something that hasn't been tested by musicians and the musicians who look at your theories believe them to be just pie in the sky. You claim this keyboard is a better design, but you don't even play piano, so how would you know? Before claiming it is a better design, you need to do the practical stuff - and you can't.

Erisian wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:26 am Pashkuli - you claim you are into science. Scientists can have all the theories in the world and those theories can seem perfectly logical, but until they have been peer reviewed and tested in practice by a selection of other scientists, no claims can be made concerning the reality of the subject. Your problem is that you make so many certain claims about something that hasn't been tested by musicians and the musicians who look at your theories believe them to be just pie in the sky. You claim this keyboard is a better design, but you don't even play piano, so how would you know? Before claiming it is a better design, you need to do the practical stuff - and you can't.
I do not have to be Mozart or a piano teacher level of a musician (mind you, Mozart also made a big chunk of his money, by teaching; same applies to Chopin and others of the greatest).
Once again, you do not have to be a player, in order to design. Ask Leo Fender (who designed the Stratocaster guitar). I know enough about keyboards in order to design one... well, in fact two.

Facts about Leo Fender

The keyboards have been tested by pianists already (just after the lockdown was lifted). The only complaints I got from them was that:
· the velocity was a bit constant... I forgot to setup a proper 'pianistic' velocity curve.
· there is no hammer-action... well I wanted to make one with a piano hammer action but the lockdown delayed it (but it is the current on the list)

The positives were that the keys feel ergonomically comfortable and fast transposition (though they did not record fast pieces). But speed is not of concerns.
The greatest concern for me was to achieve comfort and less if any strain on the wrists and fingers. Especially for the kids.
Last edited by Pashkuli on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

IV! wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:09 pm I sincerely admire your design! As a bit of a keyboard player, I can imagine the advantages of a five-row keyboard for a range of chords and fast arpeggios. About the curved keys... it will be clear only when you touch them, but they look great!
Thank you for the feedback. Really appreciate your opinion, regardless of being a keyboard player or not.
But do not worry about criticism and maybe some attempts at sarcasm from other participants in the discussion. I know what I am doing and how to respond to those, though in general it is a bit boring, because they do it for the sake of exercising inner daemons and such. :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”