vurt {with wound} - the patron saint of plague victims (an homage)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:01 pm
frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm indeed, there is so much out there when it comes to sound, from intentional to purely accidental soundscapes of life, through to beats and melody and some combining everything :ud:
i love just following youtube connections and finding weird stuff id never heard of :D
Yeah i love going down the youtube rabbit hole. If you want 'weird' check out Jonnie13Black's channel if you haven't already ;)

I can only listen with one ear for the time being so
I'll give it four & a half mushrooms
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm indeed, there is so much out there when it comes to sound, from intentional to purely accidental soundscapes of life, through to beats and melody and some combining everything :ud:
i love just following youtube connections and finding weird stuff id never heard of :D

Yeah i love going down the youtube rabbit hole. If you want 'weird' check out Jonnie13Black's channel if you haven't already ;)
:tu: don't know it but i shall check it out later, cheers :)
Last edited by vurt on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

melomood wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:27 pm I can only listen with one ear for the time being
:o what have you done?
infection or something?
so
I'll give it four & a half mushrooms
:hyper:

thanks for listening, hope the ear mends well :hug:

Reminds me of Skinny Puppy.

I love Nurse With Wound. I hoped you were referencing them with the title and wasn't disappointed. :)

I'm not sure if the left right balance is a touch off - the right speaker could be a smidge louder but I don't know if that was a deliberate choice. I think I'm mostly hearing it that way as you have lower sustained sounds on the left with mostly shorter, higher pitched sounds on the right.

As I continue listening, we're even visiting shades of Marilyn Manson's "Smells Like Children" EP. And the left and right balance seems correct here as you play with tape echoes.

This was a wonderful homage. :)

excuse me please wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:44 am Reminds me of Skinny Puppy.
tbh ive never really heard much of their stuff, i have liked what ive heard, but you know how it is, theres only so many records you can buy and listen to.

thanks for the listen :)

Unaspected wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:28 am I love Nurse With Wound. I hoped you were referencing them with the title and wasn't disappointed. :)

I'm not sure if the left right balance is a touch off - the right speaker could be a smidge louder but I don't know if that was a deliberate choice. I think I'm mostly hearing it that way as you have lower sustained sounds on the left with mostly shorter, higher pitched sounds on the right.

As I continue listening, we're even visiting shades of Marilyn Manson's "Smells Like Children" EP. And the left and right balance seems correct here as you play with tape echoes.

This was a wonderful homage. :)
yeah, as im not following the standard "verse chorus" kind of music, i tend to make odd choices in mixes too. i like to mess with a listeners expectations :hihi:

marilyn manson is another of those i never really investigated, my son was a fan for a while in his teenage "i hate you dad!" phase :hihi:

thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed, especially as you know nurse with wound, you get where im coming from 8)

Oh yea. BTW I was gone for awhile because a few months before the foot operation I went to philly to get my head cut open behind the ear to remove a cholesteatoma from my inner ear that was eating away at my ear drum & get a reconstructed one.
about 1/2 year later I can hear in both ears again
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm a bit late with it
5 mushrooms
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

melomood wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:13 pm Oh yea. BTW I was gone for awhile because a few months before the foot operation I went to philly to get my head cut open behind the ear to remove a cholesteatoma from my inner ear that was eating away at my ear drum & get a reconstructed one.
about 1/2 year later I can hear in both ears again
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm a bit late with it
5 mushrooms
well im glad to hear you got the ears sorted :tu:

very apt track for these times to be bumped :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”