Has any Windows 10 DAW users....

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically, you disconnect from the internet, turn off any Microsoft services, and clean the disk of all the unnecessary bloat, and organize it. then Microsoft kills apple. its just a learning curve.

BONES wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:30 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:39 pmI've ran W7 without booting for over an year... with that setting :)
What, continuously, 24/7? You must have had updates turned off completely for that. And everyone knows you need to reboot your computer on a regular basis to clean it out and maintain performance. I switch mine off at least once a day, often 3 or 4 times a day on weekends. It is only switched on when I am sitting in front of it, or it's rendering overnight, and I always close it down and restart it from cold. (Sleep and hibernate were always so troublesome I never got into the habit of using them. Now that they work properly, our machines start so fast from cold that it still doesn't seem worth bothering with.)
Yeah, it ran around 400 days, no problems running it or anything. I didnt put updates completely off, Win 7 does not install them or do anything deranged. As I said, the "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" setting just works.

I ran games, DAW, 3D modelling, video editing and such. No problems. This was the "drive in the new hardware" year. Stable X79 platform <3
Then what if the update f**ks up fex. DPC latency as it has done few times?
Then I'd say you are extremely unlucky because it has never bothered any of my machines in the slightest, even with Insider Preview builds.
Quite recently one update did do something to this... I dont think it has happened more.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”