If The Major DAW Developers Said They Were Dropping Support For Mac OS...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've received the following Email one hour ago:
Melda wrote:Dear customer,

the previous newsletter caused a little confusion among the OSX users. Please note that we are NOT going to stop supporting OSX platform. However we wanted to point out there are certain problems on OSX and there is an alternative.

We are sorry for the confusion.

Vojtech for your MeldaProduction team

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:18 am
Trancit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:51 am ...
Anyway, I'm going to help him in his move away from Mac users. Keep a look out for some Melda goodies in the marketplace :tu:
Meanwhile I am not so sure anymore if Apple isn´t a direct subsidiary of Scientology if judging by their followers... :clap:
Clapping yourself, well done boy. If you successfully eat a biscuit we'll throw a party.

:party:
:hihi:

Yeah, clapping your own post is rather weird...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:24 am
Anyway, I'm going to help him in his move away from Mac users. Keep a look out for some Melda goodies in the marketplace :tu:
Meanwhile I am not so sure anymore if Apple isn´t a direct subsidiary of Scientology if judging by their followers... :clap:
Clapping yourself, well done boy. If you successfully eat a biscuit we'll throw a party.

I am clapping because of a childish behaviour...
If somebody starts to sell his plugins because the evil developer said something against his beloved apple toy... that´s worth some clapping...

Trancit wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:32 am
Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:24 am

I am clapping because of a childish behaviour...
If somebody starts to sell his plugins because the evil developer said something against his beloved apple toy... that´s worth some clapping...
Same conclusion from same limited amount of information :idiot:

I'd play my bass more.
Last edited by samsam on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:38 am I've received the following Email one hour ago:
Melda wrote:Dear customer,

the previous newsletter caused a little confusion among the OSX users. Please note that we are NOT going to stop supporting OSX platform. However we wanted to point out there are certain problems on OSX and there is an alternative.

We are sorry for the confusion.

Vojtech for your MeldaProduction team
What kind of moron dev writes to Mac users suggesting they switch to Windows?

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:00 pmWhat kind of moron dev writes to Mac users suggesting they switch to Windows?
Someone who does not want Mac users as customers.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

it's great that we can debate so feely thanks to Ben's most excellent forum, nice to herar the opinions of Windows users too :)
Last edited by samsam on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggressive tones mostly from Mac useres here just because some show symphaty towards Vojtech decision to write a newsletter. He only informed his customers and i can't see what's wrong with it. The last weeks i got maybe 20 emails from different devs about this stupid catalina update problem. I didn't got something from Apple about the update problem. I see some guys prefer Apples way of dealing with it. Don't speak about certain things.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Funnyily enough I was more concerned it would go the other way.
OSX imho appears to be very time and resource consuming for devs, so would make sense for them to support only OSX based on the proported perceptions I have of users on Macs vs Windows user. But being a Windows user, I totally get the sentiments regarding alternatives.
However, I do suspect theres enough users on various formats across the board to support more than one o/s, daw, format...god it gets complicated.

Best solution - a dedicated DAW OS haha....side steps out off thread.... :arrow:

Only if you buy a new Mac right now you are in trouble with macOS Catalina. :wink:

JUST DON'T UPDATE !!!

Developers have still months spare to get along with macOS 10.15.

mladi wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 pm Aggressive tones mostly from Mac useres here just because some show symphaty towards Vojtech decision to write a newsletter. He only informed his customers and i can't see what's wrong with it. The last weeks i got maybe 20 emails from different devs about this stupid catalina update problem. I didn't got something from Apple about the update problem. I see some guys prefer Apples way of dealing with it. Don't speak about certain things.
Some people got butthurt because they felt their religion is insulted and someone invaded their safe space though some media article or dev just wrote their opinion. The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
Last edited by tooneba on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am one of those who is in the position of having to upgrade to Catalina for company reasons. I do music production on my Macbook Pro because my company lets me, but I am also a guinea pig for new OSs. As a C-level exec at my company, I don't need our production software (mostly graphics arts, dev tool chains, production workflow stuff) for my day-to-day work, but I know the software and help out on projects when I'm needed, so I make an ideal guinea pig. I could just as well do the rest of my company work from my Linux-converted Chromebook, or the Windows machine under my desk.

But this whole experience is making me seriously consider abandoning Mac for music production and building a proper DAW from scratch.

That will leave me with a large number of tracks in Logic that I often revisit. I have an ongoing project to produce liturgical music for small churches using Hauptwerk, on Logic, and I have too many templates and processes grandfathered in to switch to something else. I may well end up needing a separate Mac Mini just for Logic / Hauptwerk. And that sucks. I'd much rather keep everything on one portable machine.

tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm
mladi wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:31 pm Aggressive tones mostly from Mac useres here just because some show symphaty towards Vojtech decision to write a newsletter. He only informed his customers and i can't see what's wrong with it. The last weeks i got maybe 20 emails from different devs about this stupid catalina update problem. I didn't got something from Apple about the update problem. I see some guys prefer Apples way of dealing with it. Don't speak about certain things.
Some people got butthurt because they felt their religion is insulted and someone invaded their safe space though some media article or dev just wrote their opinion. The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
QED

By the way, you might want to look up “gaslighting” and “racketeering” as you don’t seem to know what the words mean considering the context you have used them in. Either that, or could you provide an example of the owner of an Apple product doing either?

tooneba wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm The intolerance, gaslighting , racketeering and hostility toward different opinion by their userbase are somewhat terrifying.
Projection: it's a helluva drug. Just say no, kids.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”