Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Deducktion

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 am My point is, there was a time when some people were willing to support it, making skins, patches, giving suggestions... to no end. It could really have gathered a community around it, but the developer always seemed totally indifferent. Now I think it lost its momentum.
Synth 1 has been effectively abandoned for years now and it's still going strong.

Deducktion just got an "update" in September although one could argue removing the FX might not qualify as an update.

I just think the "never really seemed to care about users" is a bit unfair. If I remember correctly Deducktion was released for one of KVR's Developer Challenges and if memory serves it didn't win although probably should have.

So it probably would have been a good idea to "support" it during the voting. I don't think he owes us anything. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:57 am
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:46 am My point is, there was a time when some people were willing to support it, making skins, patches, giving suggestions... to no end. It could really have gathered a community around it, but the developer always seemed totally indifferent. Now I think it lost its momentum.
Synth 1 has been effectively abandoned for years now and it's still going strong.

Deducktion just got an "update" in September although one could argue removing the FX might not qualify as an update.

I just think the "never really seemed to care about users" is a bit unfair. If I remember correctly Deducktion was released for one of KVR's Developer Challenges and if memory serves it didn't win although probably should have.

So it probably would have been a good idea to "support" it during the voting. I don't think he owes us anything. :shrug:
Synth1 came out in a totally different time from now. Today we're flooded with great free synths so, to stand out in the crowd, you certainly have to get at least some community support (just look at Odin). Sure, we saw some updates, but they were never taking into account user feedback (you just need to look back at this very thread to realise that). On the contrary, all community effort has suddenly been turned useless, as old patches and skins aren't compatible anymore. Not a good message, IMO.

And Tek, please don't use the "it's freeware, he doesn't owe us anything" card. Of course I know that. He has total right to do whatever he wants with his creation, I acknowlege that. I'm just saying I don't think this synth will thrive (how knows, maybe I'm wrong. But given its track record, I surelly won't bet on it).

It will "thrive" if people just keep using it just like Synth 1 has thrived all these years. Lord knows there have been tons of feature requests for Synth 1 that never got implemented yet year after year it continues to hang in there.

So Dead Duck didn't listen to "user feedback". Accept it and use the synth as it is or move on. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:45 am It will "thrive" if people just keep using it just like Synth 1 has thrived all these years. Lord knows there have been tons of feature requests for Synth 1 that never got implemented yet year after year it continues to hang in there.

So Dead Duck didn't listen to "user feedback". Accept it and use the synth as it is or move on. :shrug:
Synth1 has more a lot more features than Deducktion, from day one. And, as I said, 10 years ago it was a whole different (scarce) scene.
And you don't have to say "accept it" to me. You're now starting to sound rude. Let's end this debate then.

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 am Synth1 has more a lot more features than Deducktion
synth1 is way more cpu efficient as well.
still my goto source for all the sounds dead duck makes.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 am Synth1 has more a lot more features than Deducktion, from day one. And, as I said, 10 years ago it was a whole different (scarce) scene.
You're missing the point. Synth 1 still thrives in the same crowded freeware market that Deducktion exists in now so there's no reason Deducktion can't go on thriving if people still like its sound. Sure Synth 1 has more features but there must be something about Deducktion's sound that drew you to it in the first place. That hasn't changed despite the developer not catering to your every whim.
Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 amYou're now starting to sound rude.
To be honest the reason I first responded is because you were being rude and coming off as overly entitled by going after the developer for not listening to you.
Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:53 pm Yeah, I don't care about this synth anymore. The developer never really seemed to care about users and feedback.
So yea let's end this discussion now. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”