Guitar Align Sidechain Input

Official support for: forward-audio.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First let me say thank you for the GuitarAlign plugin. It works surprisingly well, not only for guitars :lol: When playing with it I found you could do alignment with a sidechain signal which comes very handy because it saves the stereo routing. But I noticed that the sidechain signal needs to get converted into a mono signal and the plugin does that by using the left channel of a stereo sidchain input only. Seems like a bug and I only found it because I had messed up the routing and sent a right channels only sidechain signal into it. Didn't hear it then. Could there be similar options to what is already there SC-Left/SC-Right/SC-Mid/SC-Side if the sidechain is stereo?

XxEDxX wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:01 am First let me say thank you for the GuitarAlign plugin. It works surprisingly well, not only for guitars :lol:
Thank you! I'm sure you will be delighted about our new upcoming plug-in ;-).
XxEDxX wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:01 am But I noticed that the sidechain signal needs to get converted into a mono signal and the plugin does that by using the left channel of a stereo sidchain input only. Seems like a bug and I only found it because I had messed up the routing and sent a right channels only sidechain signal into it. Didn't hear it then. Could there be similar options to what is already there SC-Left/SC-Right/SC-Mid/SC-Side if the sidechain is stereo?
Yes, the left channel is used on purpose. The problem is that not every DAW supports stereo sidechains. Some give us 2 sidechain inputs if we'd like to have stereo but they give the user mono only and then mirror the left input on the right. So 2x the same signal. That's why we limited it to mono only. If I understand you correctly, you'd like to bypass the regular audio input of the plug-in completely and use stereo sidechains to get the 2 signals into the plug-in. That's a valid idea. In the current design we've limited it to 1 sidechain maximum for the explained reasons. It could be possible that we enable the stereo sidechain in faGuitarAlign sometimes in the future, but it will come with a lot of trouble due to different DAW designs, that's for sure. Can you tell me which DAW you use? Do you prefer VST2 over VST3 or none of them?
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
― Arthur C. Clarke
https://www.forward-audio.com

Return to “forward audio”