Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Here's an idea: The OP should change the topic of this thread from the current bullshit line to something more representative of the actual discussion.

egbert wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 am Here's an idea: The OP should change the topic of this thread from the current bullshit line to something more representative of the actual discussion.
+ 1000 :tu: to this.

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:24 am
egbert wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:36 am Here's an idea: The OP should change the topic of this thread from the current bullshit line to something more representative of the actual discussion.
+ 1000 :tu: to this.

Grum.
+1001
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

kb420 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:40 am
BERFAB wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:54 am
kb420 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm
BERFAB wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm
kb420 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm
BERFAB wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 pm1. Please return the "fill loop" and similar functions to the right mouse click. Having to get there through the "edit" drop down menu is a pain.
Can't you get to the same menu by right clicking and holding down the "Alt" button?
If you go through, "Preferences", "Editing", and "Tools" you can check or uncheck the "Pop-up Toolbox on Right-Click" and it will change the default action of your right click.

Does that help you?
I searched endlessly for a way to get this feature back. When I get back to my studio this evening, I will see if your suggestion works. Thanks for the tip.
No problem. If that fixes it, let me know. I think I remember having the same problem when 10 first came out, but I found a video online that showed me where that setting is.
Nope. Doesn't fix it.
If I turn off the "tool box on right click" in preferences, it does look familiar. However, the "FUNCTIONS" that appears in the right click is different than the "FUNCTIONS" that appears in the EDIT dropdown menu. The EDIT dropdown menu FUNCTIONS contains "duplicate," "fill loop" and "repeat" functions. The right click FUNCTIONS does not. I couldn't find a way to add those commands there either.
Thanks
-B
I see what you mean. Well, all I can say is, "Duplicate" does show up if you have something selected. As far as using "Fill Loop", and "Repeat", it looks like the "Edit" menu is the only way to access them. "Ctrl D" is a Key Command for duplicate, and if you grab the "middle of the right side edge" of the audio that you want to duplicate, you can left click and drag and make as many duplicates as you want. I know these are things that you probably already know, but I'm just trying to help out.
Always appreciate the effort. Worth a shot, right?
Anyway, that's why this was on my wish list!
Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Just create a key command for it. It's odd that it appears in Functions under the actual Edit menu but not in the right-click Functions, but they make odd decisions all the time. The things I use under Functions I have key commands assigned to.

someone leaked features list on the net. who knows where to find it?

Iva wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm someone leaked features list on the net. who knows where to find it?
Damn, I just missed the posts in that thread on the official forum, Steinberg had those posts deleted.

The end is near!
no
sorry
The Cubase 10.5 is near.
I hear
Hey its time for a beer.

Steinberg releases
are predictable-ish but
pricing not so much
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Iva wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm someone leaked features list on the net. who knows where to find it?
Well those features include the following:
  • Video Export
    Mix console track color
    Improved Macro manager
    New Key commands
    Padshop 2
    New Delay Effect
    Improved Import tracks from Project
    Project Activation Improvements
    Some change in Score Editor
    Something related to MacOS security
I hope there's more because this is definitely disappointing

I assume it is Padshop Pro 2
Wow!
My guess is that it will be released before Thanksgiving day.

Video export. A feature Cubase had since forever, was removed and now reappears as a new shiny improvement? Now we can guess why the results of the latest feature request poll at the Steinberg forums were so, well, let's say "unexpected" (export to video was supposedly the nº 2 most requested feature by the users...)

Imaak wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 am Well those features include the following:
  • Video Export
    Mix console track color
    Improved Macro manager
    New Key commands
    Padshop 2
    New Delay Effect
    Improved Import tracks from Project
    Project Activation Improvements
    Some change in Score Editor
    Something related to MacOS security
I also hope there's more. Compared to the list of requested features posted earlier (which I would subscribe in about 80%) this is disappointing.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Imaak wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 am
Yes, could be disappointing... :wink:

Hmm... Wonder if there might not be too much more than this (most effort of late, like many others, devoted to appease Apple)

Video Export = Good (at last.!)
Mix Console track colour = loads of people been screaming for this one.!
Improved Macro Manager = Good (about time a lot of folk would say)
New Key Commands = Good (always welcome)
Padshop 2 = Good
Improved Import tracks from Project = Good, depending on what they actually 'improve'
Project Activation Improvements = Good, (potentially massive time save, using huge templates)
Some change in Score Editor = Good (doesn't bother me)
Something related to MacOS security = Good (not bothered)
Last edited by thebutler on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

thebutler wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:13 am Hmm.. Wonder if there might not be too much more than this.. :neutral:

Video Export = Good (at last.!)
Mix Console track colour = loads of people been screaming for this one.!
Improved Macro Manager = Good (about time a lot of folk would say)
New Key Commands = Good (always welcome)
Padshop 2 = Good
Improved Import tracks from Project = Good, depending on what they actually 'improve'
Project Activation Improvements = Good, (potentially massive time save, using huge templates)
Some change in Score Editor = Good (doesn't bother me)
Something related to MacOS security = Good (not bothered)
Well, compare that list with this one:
1 Move tracks within the MixConsole => WOULD LOVE THAT
2 Export to Video => IS THERE
3 Chord Detection from audio => DON'T BOTHER MUCH
4 Polyphonic audio editing => I guess that's what Melodyne Studio does, but would be great to have that integrated in Cubase Pro),
5 Stereo effects on mono channels => WOULD LOVE THAT
6 Bezier curves in MIDI editor => WOULD LOVE THAT
7 Open all Plug-ins of one track in one Window with tabs => WOULD LOVE THAT x 1000
8 General improvements to MIDI Editor => WOULD LOVE THAT
9 Smart tools for MIDI editing => WOULD LOVE THAT
10 Automation shown directly on tracks => WOULD LOVE THAT
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”