PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Absynths 6 with GenoPatch license. :neutral:
<List your stupid gear here>

Absynth 6 and Absynth 7 with GenoPatch and Ai!

CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:59 pm ... ...
I just sent a post to Brian through his support email.
I did contact Brian after this post. Seems like a very cool person. He was aware that 'some' people don't like the vertical sliders and said that he may change the UI in the future but he was working on something else. As much as i would like to see the Plamonic UI improved i am excited about "something else."
I'm fairly easy going on most UI issues, the horizontal sliders is a rare thing that really gets to me, and it's mainly a physical thing. Plasmonic is a great synth.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Vertical sliders are a bit more friendly for multi-touch.
I can however work with horizontal sliders.
Volume sliders should be vertical.
Left-right sliders should be horizontal.

Hi I'm just popping in to ask a quick question.

I like sound designing on Plasmonic. The one annoying thing is sometimes I don't have a midi controller on hand, e.g., if I'm traveling with my laptop, and sometimes using a virtual midi controller on my laptop, or the one I've used before, is cumbersome for reasons.

What's the easiest way to get something on my laptop to tap notes so that I can hear what I am sound designing? And if it can add other controllers like knobs all the better.

In this vein, if requests are getting to Brian from this thread, one feature request I have is to add a little keyboard and knobs inset that I can pop up in the UI for this purpose and maybe even have the PC keyboard sim a music keyboard right, so I don't have to use some external setup just to hear what I'm sound designing. As most of you will know, in Absynth there was a keyboard inset like this & the PC keyboard acted like a musical keyboard so you could hear what you were sound designing right out of the box that way. So basically I'd love to see that in Plasmonic too.
Incidentally, if there are already features like this that I've missed, or a way to turn them on, let me know.

I think this may have been mentioned before in this thread. I did a quick run through some pages, but a 90 page thread is a lot to go through! Cheers.

Likely not the answer but her it is anyway.
If on Windows and have a multi-touch monitor try the XotoPad on top.
It can be made translucent so you an see what is below.
It can be re-sized.
Or try a qwerty to midi app and use your Computer keyboard as a midi controller.

demagoggles wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:19 am Hi I'm just popping in to ask a quick question.

I like sound designing on Plasmonic. The one annoying thing is sometimes I don't have a midi controller on hand, e.g., if I'm traveling with my laptop, and sometimes using a virtual midi controller on my laptop, or the one I've used before, is cumbersome for reasons.

What's the easiest way to get something on my laptop to tap notes so that I can hear what I am sound designing? And if it can add other controllers like knobs all the better.

In this vein, if requests are getting to Brian from this thread, one feature request I have is to add a little keyboard and knobs inset that I can pop up in the UI for this purpose and maybe even have the PC keyboard sim a music keyboard right, so I don't have to use some external setup just to hear what I'm sound designing. As most of you will know, in Absynth there was a keyboard inset like this & the PC keyboard acted like a musical keyboard so you could hear what you were sound designing right out of the box that way. So basically I'd love to see that in Plasmonic too.
Incidentally, if there are already features like this that I've missed, or a way to turn them on, let me know.

I think this may have been mentioned before in this thread. I did a quick run through some pages, but a 90 page thread is a lot to go through! Cheers.
Many DAWs will have a way to use computer keyboard keys to trigger notes. Yours might.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

demagoggles wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:19 am Hi I'm just popping in to ask a quick question.

When I’m tired of playing notes, I use a sequencer (standalone or in a:DAW) to trigger notes and eventually controller data for macros…
Philippe

Yes this is how I do it with HY Seq32,I have a template for Plasmonic in Seq32 to play notes and control the 8 macro's and more.
Works great. :)

Hello everyone,
Just a word to say I released a new Premium bank for Plasmonic, have a look here :
viewtopic.php?t=607903

There is also a free bank there :)

Cheers
Philippe
Philippe

p1afff wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:00 pm Hello everyone,
Just a word to say I released a new Premium bank for Plasmonic, have a look here :
viewtopic.php?t=607903

There is also a free bank there :)

Cheers
Philippe

Great! Thank you!

hey @Cinebient, did you publish any bank yet ? Or did I miss that ? Would be nice
Philippe

Another little piece made with Plasmonic only.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/infinite

Cinebient wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:02 pm Another little piece made with Plasmonic only.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/infinite
That sounds absolutely brilliant. Love it. :)

Very nice combination of Plasmonic timbres, @Cinebient
Philippe

Return to “Instruments”