ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

dont listen to just a single opinion. I can say the vast majority likes the new reFX cloud much much more than the dongle. Its easy, and gives you 2 activations.
To your question: the CPU and RAM consumption is just excellent. I already had a project with 68 Nexus instances. Nexus is a beast when it comes to "Big Sound vs Low CPU"

msvs wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am dont listen to just a single opinion.
And especially don't listen to the developer, as he will say just about anything to sell his plugins.
He's saying the exact same things in the Avenger thread while everyone else is complaining about the copy protection.

Good advice: STAY AWAY from reFX and Vengeance, they spend more time on their draconian copy protection than on their plugins.

ok. I am happy that they got rid of the dongle (I hate dongles more than anything) but I guess I will be waiting for as long as I get multiple confirmations that these issues with new activation system (and other issues) have been sorted out.

Requirement for regular activations does feel a bit out of proportions activation system as I have not heard of any other software that requires to do so. E.g. Ableton has excellent activation system, you do it once and then you never have to do it again. Has been very reliable as well.

Zero activation problems with Nexus 3 here.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

By the way, is there any ReFX discount campaigns? For example black friday...? =)

There is usually one for the month of December.

My two cents....... as someone who the Developer found disfavour with (too many tickets and too much bad talking on kvr he said) and revoked my license..

Up to when I had Nexus 3, bugs were addressed very quickly and indeed cpu was very very low. I have no reason to believe that has changed.

The Activation requires it to 'check in' once a month, so at least once a month the computer has to be online and you have to use Nexus 3 at least once whilst the computer is online (not sure if that has changed).

What I don't like is how easy it is for a license to be revoked. You can't with a dongle afaik.

my two cents.
rsp
sound sculptist

Are there rhythm guitars with patterns / loops expansion packs for nexus similar to avenger guitars expansion packs ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

there is the Hollywood Guitars XP
but they are played internally with Nexus' Arps and mostly these are playable multisamples guitars
Avenger uses live recorded loops in each key and chord variation together with the ZPlane timestretch, which is something Nexus cant do

zvenx wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:39 pm My two cents....... as someone who the Developer found disfavour with (too many tickets and too much bad talking on kvr he said) and revoked my license..
Wait ... did they revoke your license because you contacted their support too often and because you complained about something at KVR? Or did I misunderstand something?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

No you didn't.
rsp
sound sculptist

That really sucks then.

I'll stay away from anything ReFX/Vengeance.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

In Fairness I have three Vengeance products (2 use e-licenser and Avenger) and I have never gotten any threats of them revoking my license, even though, yes I send them bug reports and always give my personal honest (I think balanced) opinion here on kvr forum and possibly elsewhere.
rsp
sound sculptist

I personally dont know your case with the refx support crew. I am not involved in this. But I cant imagine they revoke your license because you just send them bug reports or opinions. They are professionals and such measures are the last possible thing they do. Remember there are always 2 sides... in every story.

Really don't need to rehash this, but I did have a screen shot of the convo quite a few pages earlier. I have not or never been giving any other explanation beyond the screenshot.

It is what it is.
I have 'invested' in Avenger and I will take you at your word that at least Avenger/Vegeance would not revoke license for such reasons.
rsp
sound sculptist

I was considering buying Nexus 3 but hearing stories like these here and at other forums, no way I'm getting nexus 3. i hope Avanger support is not like that because Im planning on getting Avenger
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Return to “Instruments”