Cableguys ShaperBox 2.0.1 update (resizable UI + more)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any way of getting the additional presets to use on offline machines?

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:10 pm
damayor wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 pm What about more presets expansions
We release new presets regularly via the built-in Cableguys Preset Cloud! Please Sync your preset library (button in the upper right, or via Main Menu>Sync Presets) to download the latest presets, then click the >> button to go to the end of the list and see the latest additions.
Any chance you’ll be adding VST3 please?
I want to be able to sidechain in Nuendo.

simmo75 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 am
Lee / Cableguys wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:10 pm
damayor wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 pm What about more presets expansions
We release new presets regularly via the built-in Cableguys Preset Cloud! Please Sync your preset library (button in the upper right, or via Main Menu>Sync Presets) to download the latest presets, then click the >> button to go to the end of the list and see the latest additions.
Any chance you’ll be adding VST3 please?
Finger crossed for vst3 too. :pray:

e@rs wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:40 pm Any way of getting the additional presets to use on offline machines?
The cloud-based presets are available only by syncing, so the machine does need to be online to get them.

simmo75 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 amAny chance you’ll be adding VST3 please?
The built-in sidechain routing with VST3 plugins is a limitation Steinberg built into Cubase/Nuendo. Other DAWs offer easy sidechaining with VST2 plugins, eg, Ableton Live – we're not sure why Steinberg don't do this too. It is possible to send a sidechain signal to ShaperBox in Cubase using Quadro channels – drop us a mail on contact@cableguys.com if you'd like a step-by-step guide. We have not heard of any DAW developers planning to drop VST2 support, but if that ever happens, then we will upgrade our plugins to VST3.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm
e@rs wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:40 pm Any way of getting the additional presets to use on offline machines?
The cloud-based presets are available only by syncing, so the machine does need to be online to get them.
What's the point of this limitation? Why don't you make them also available for offline users?

e@rs wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:14 pm
Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:09 pm
What's the point of this limitation? Why don't you make them also available for offline users?
That's like asking what is the point of Microsoft Onenote not syncing up your documents when you're offline? Or why does Splice not work without internet? It's a cloud based service, it needs to sync to the cloud in order to work. I would suggest you manually save local copies of cloud presets whenever you connect to the internet.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I should add that once synced, the presets are stored on your computer and you don't need to be online to use them.

I still don't understand why you chose to do it this way, but whatever. It's actually more fun to roll your own presets anyway.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:33 amAny chance you’ll be adding VST3 please?
The built-in sidechain routing with VST3 plugins is a limitation Steinberg built into Cubase/Nuendo. Other DAWs offer easy sidechaining with VST2 plugins, eg, Ableton Live – we're not sure why Steinberg don't do this too. It is possible to send a sidechain signal to ShaperBox in Cubase using Quadro channels – drop us a mail on contact@cableguys.com if you'd like a step-by-step guide. We have not heard of any DAW developers planning to drop VST2 support, but if that ever happens, then we will upgrade our plugins to VST3.

This again?
SB did not build in any such limitation in Cubendo..
Sidechaining was never part of the original intent of vst2. Developers found a way to do it in vst2. Steinberg had it planned for vst3 and choose to go that route.
sigh.
rsp
sound sculptist

e@rs wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm I still don't understand why you chose to do it this way, but whatever. It's actually more fun to roll your own presets anyway.
Obviously if they are adding more presets constantly you'll need to go online to get them or should they mail the presets to you by post office?

zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:00 pm ....
This again?
SB did not build in any such limitation in Cubendo..
Sidechaining was never part of the original intent of vst2. Developers found a way to do it in vst2. Steinberg had it planned for vst3 and choose to go that route.
sigh.
rsp
Hmmm... so every developer of any plugins and of any DAWs found a way to do it... only Steinberg, the founders of the standard did not...

I don´t know... but to me it sounds as they were the douchebags...don´t blame any other than them for that situation...

Or just support developers of plugins who do.
They are more than enough of those who do vst3 sidechaining to make that choice for us Cubendo users.
rsp
sound sculptist

Owning (a license of) revolutionary Volume Shaper and still wants to do traditional old skool side-chaining? :P

damayor wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:37 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm I still don't understand why you chose to do it this way, but whatever. It's actually more fun to roll your own presets anyway.
Obviously if they are adding more presets constantly you'll need to go online to get them or should they mail the presets to you by post office?
Last time I checked I couldn't move/copy the preset database to my offline system so the only option is to save every single preset as a fxp in my DAW, there you have a whole different issue. As far as I know the presets are still protected and locked to the machine ID...but sure, please continue mocking people that have an issue with artificially created limitations because...reasons.

Return to “Effects”