Waves Berzerk

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's just fun.

more natural then the digital ones i've been playing with. a lot of fuzz, buzz, noise and artifacts. it's dynamic and has a lot of movement. i like it a lot.

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 pm I must admit that i'm not super impressed. I mean, it's a freebie, and i won't complain, but... i guess i'm spoiled by NI Dirt and my other distortion/saturation plugins. Most sounds i get out of Berzerk aren't that pleasing. Maybe i'm not getting the point. It seems to be quite a "freak". ;)
Yes! NI Dirt is excellent. So is NI Driver.

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:15 pm I must admit that i'm not super impressed. I mean, it's a freebie, and i won't complain, but... i guess i'm spoiled by NI Dirt and my other distortion/saturation plugins. Most sounds i get out of Berzerk aren't that pleasing. Maybe i'm not getting the point. It seems to be quite a "freak". ;)
Curiously i don't like NI Dirt ! :lol:

I waited longer than 4 hours (more like 8hrs ) and still nothing, so I went back onto the website this evening, and put the same email address in to request a licence and it arrived about 5-10 mins later. Maybe there was issues earlier today?

the other distortions i use have a lot of cut and bite. this is a lot of mush and blend, but it does it without losing high frequency BUZZ. this fits perfectly for me and although the launch was typically waves... it's a really nice offering if you are already in the waves environment. i'll be using it.

simonbostock wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:47 pm I waited longer than 4 hours (more like 8hrs ) and still nothing, so I went back onto the website this evening, and put the same email address in to request a licence and it arrived about 5-10 mins later. Maybe there was issues earlier today?

there absolutely was. the waves webserver went down early this morning. i think they got crushed.

hivkorn wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm
I see a pattern. :D

Guess I gotta give it a go tomorrow again. :) Sometimes you're just "off", if you know what i mean. Happens to me with food as well. Sometimes the cheese just smells weird, while it's perfectly fine. Better give it a fresh start then. :)

I won't even install a free Waves plugin.

Oh, OK, thanks so much for the info. ;)

chk071 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:53 pm
hivkorn wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:43 pm
I see a pattern. :D

Guess I gotta give it a go tomorrow again. :) Sometimes you're just "off", if you know what i mean. Happens to me with food as well. Sometimes the cheese just smells weird, while it's perfectly fine. Better give it a fresh start then. :)
yep sometime it happens ;)

They're calling it a plugin for "wild, deranged, creative distortion".
For "pleasing" distortion I would also use something else.
It sounds like a pretty violent waveshaper with some cool modulation options, especially the feedback section.

I'm really liking it at the moment, but of course it really depends on what kind of sound you're after.

I'll watch White Sea's review before I'm sold on it (I'm at work, so can't actually "watch" it until later)... just kidding, I think he's funny, but wouldn't rely on his reviews... besides, he absolutely hates all Waves plugins, so he'll go into the review with a bee in his bonnet. I grabbed a licence anyway, weather I bother installing it... that's another matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMHqJpxfReM

watching EDM kids rediscover noise is hysterical.

an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:48 pm ...
Hi, I have nothing to say. Just wanted to spam you with a notification, like you added spam to this thread by posting that douche with his predictably idiotic opinions. :phones:

jochicago wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:54 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:48 pm ...
Hi, I have nothing to say. Just wanted to spam you with a notification, like you added spam to this thread by posting that douche with his predictably idiotic opinions. :phones:
:lol: Fair enough, he's pretty unpopular around these parts... like I said, I wouldn't put any stock in his reviews... I like him, and mainly just think he's funny. :hihi:

Return to “Effects”