DrumComputer VST from Sugar Bytes - out now, EUR119!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumComputer

stikygum wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:52 am Hmm, I tried this and wasn't able to get DrumComputer to send midi to XO. What DAW are you using?
For me, MIDI out worked with the DrumComputer 1.0 demo in Studio One Pro 4.6.

It would be a mistake if Sugarbytes disabled MIDI-out in the latest version of the DrumComputer VST demo.

Did you consult the manual for assistance?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:41 pm
stikygum wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:52 am Hmm, I tried this and wasn't able to get DrumComputer to send midi to XO. What DAW are you using?
For me, MIDI out worked with the DrumComputer 1.0 demo in Studio One Pro 4.6.

It would be a mistake if Sugarbytes disabled MIDI-out in the latest version of the DrumComputer VST demo.

Did you consult the manual for assistance?
Well, I contacted them directly. They told me that in Logic, the AU version of DrumComputer doesn't have the ability at all to send midi out. I'm wondering if Ableton Live can use the AU version to send out midi. They recommend using a DAW that uses VST, since the VST version will always send midi out to another track (if desired).

Can anyone confirm that Ableton Live can use the AU version to send midi to another track?

Apologies for dragging this up from the depths, but the v1.2 update of DrumComputer is out now and has added sample support, which I know people felt was lacking in the original release.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/sugar-byt ... v1-2-49523

Anyone else having trouble accessing the SB site? I'm getting a "page error" message every time ... https://sugar-bytes.de/drumcomputer

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:26 pm Anyone else having trouble accessing the SB site? I'm getting a "page error" message every time ... https://sugar-bytes.de/drumcomputer
Nope, its just you ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

FYI if you have demoed before you can demo again with the 1.2 (sample playback) update, they have reset the clock so you get 10 days or whatever it is.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:26 pm Anyone else having trouble accessing the SB site? I'm getting a "page error" message every time ... https://sugar-bytes.de/drumcomputer
I downloaded the update about 30 minutes ago without a problem.

Thanks guys. I'll try using a different device to download ...

Still getting the message
Page error
We're sorry, but something went wrong and the page cannot be displayed.
on my computer and smart phone :shrug:
I've emailed support.

Try clearing the browser cookies and content cache for the sugar-bytes.de site.

Safari didn't like it but Chrome loaded the site, although it wasn't keen on the download. However, clearing out the cookies for the site in Safari brought it back to life there as well - I noticed that it was only loading one cookie when serving up the error page, whereas Chrome was getting eight or nine.

Gamma-UT wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:53 pm Try clearing the browser cookies and content cache for the sugar-bytes.de site.
Clearing the sugar-bytes.de cookies did the job. Thanks Gamma-UT :)

It is impressive how DrumComputer stimulates creativity with its synthesis resources, super advanced ways of re synthesizing and manipulating tones, wt and waves. DC it is simply addictive!

Now, I'd just like to hear suggestions on how to configure settings in DC in order to preserve the original quality and personality of an imported sample, such as snares, kicks, cymbals, toms, and even anything like a piano, flute, voice, percussion samples taken from the vast real world of traditional sounds.

I'm not talking about changing the intrinsic nature of DC as a synthesizer, since that would be changing the creature's spirit, but approaching a universe of possibilities by managing to interpose and fuse DC's incredible synthesis with unaltered access to (or slightly synthesized) "real" sounds. That would envision a gigantic and exciting endless exploration.

I am sure with the creative magic of SB everything is possible. Meanwhile I'm not obsessed with that either, it would be great, but in the meantime there are millions of grooves and sounds for bring born with DrumComputer as it is.

~cheers~

I downloaded the iOS version and love it. Just now I downloaded the desktop version for Logic, loaded Drum Computer as a plugin, chose a sequence, hit the ON arrow, and it won't run. Has anyone had similar results? (Mac OS 10.15/Logic 10.6.1)

Have you tried starting the sequencer (I.e. logics sequencer)?

abi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:39 pm Have you tried starting the sequencer (I.e. logics sequencer)?
No. I was too stupid. That worked. Thanks so much!

Return to “Instruments”