iZotope Break Tweaker and Stutter Edit in 2020?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:44 pm Stutter edit has 1 major setback the developers didn't anticipate...
You use it after all the tracks are down. So if you have several vsti and effects hogging up cpu THEN use stutter edit as a post production tool on top of all that your computer will max out or crash. So its kinda useless. I haven't been able to do anything with it for that reason.
If your CPU can't handle it anymore you can always bounce to audio. That's what I do all the time in processing-heavy genres when effect chains get too long or single effects are too demanding or don't work well with the latency produced and so on. Track folders can get big, but working this way does have some advantages if you like heavy processing.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Once I am ready to start arranging and mixing, I'll bounce down any synth clips without effects and that usually frees up enough CPU to go wild from there.

If there's any heavy reverb, I can freeze it if needed and I can unfreeze it to tweak it if necessary. However with modern CPUs, freezing usually isn't necessary anymore.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

they didn't anticipate you practically maxing out your CPU before using it?

Return to “Instruments”