great and cheap realtime noise reduction plugin for guitar players

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Today, I came across Brusfri, by Klevgrand. I gave it a try and was quite impressed, to say the least, especially for only $29! If I want some compression before distortion, I can put Brusfri just after the compressor and it makes a huge difference in the noise! It affects the tone slightly, particularly in the highs, rolling them off a touch, but for high-gain sounds, where noise is most problematic, that tone difference means nothing. High-gain settings often work better with highs rolled off anyway. I probably wouldn't use Brusfri on a pure clean tone, as the noise isn't all that problematic there. But with lots of compression or distortion, it's a nearly miraculous solution! Much better than a standard noise gate!

You need to make sure to sample your noise for a few seconds. Put the plugin where you want it in your FX chain, turn your guitar volume up, and then click and hold the ear button on Brusfri for a bit and then release.

If your pickups buzz, you have a hissy preamp on your active pickups, your audio interface, or anything of the like, give this plugin a try!

I noticed a slight increase in latency using this plugin, but if you turn off lookahead, it seems solved, with little impact to the noise reduction benefit.

This always worked great for me
axe.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

*Shrug* i find the Sentry pedal works just fine for high gain stuff. And they’re cheap, IMO.

Return to “Guitars”