My ability to claim 2 products per year from Roland Cloud was revoked (and given back)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone found clarity on the loyalty program providing 2 instruments each year for subscribers? It looks like they have an option for this when you login but its not clear if the old program is supported and running? I think this is a fantastic selling point and creates value for subscribers but I don't understand why its so hidden/no transparency about it? I've read some say its no longer supported and some were grandfathered into it but there appears to be confusion about it and it still shows a section for it when you login "loyalty program" -- to show rewards? points?. Thanks for reading, if you have insight would appreciate it. Also, I'm not a fan of subscriptions but the Roland instruments, etc. are fantastic and it is good value for money, would be better and have more appeal if you got to keep a couple instruments for life. Even Plugin Alliance that has added and heavily promoted subscriptions started giving people yearly vouchers as a reward so they can actually own something at the end. I mean, economics change, nothing is forever and when the smoke clears its nice to have something in the end. Especially when you use these plugins in projects that you may want to revisit. It helps the company too because most people knowing at the end of the year will get their reward are motivated to keep their subscription running. The other point I wish companies would get more is people can be micro subscribed to death and I think that's why companies like Slate and PA are including other vendors software to be a one stop shop. Anyway's I'm rambling now, my question was about Roland Cloud clarity. haha. Thanks!
DJ and Music Producer
https://soundcloud.com/remiblaze
http://www.remiblaze.com
T: iremiblaze | F: iremiblaze | Insta: iremiblaze | YT: remiblaze

Things seem to change all the time. I don't think new sign ups get the 2 instruments per year, but those who were signed up back then still do I think. I ended up getting my 2 instruments after bugging them and then got two more! I think they are just disorganized.

I just got two more instruments this week. So, as far as I know, if you're grandfathered in, the deal still exists.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:26 pmI ended up getting my 2 instruments after bugging them and then got two more! I think they are just disorganized.
That's an important clarification and a good sign that Roland are trying. It seems like the whole changeover process caused them some chaos. But, now they're coming out of the other side of that, things appear to be looking up.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:06 pmI just got two more instruments this week. So, as far as I know, if you're grandfathered in, the deal still exists.
Yes. They (still) need to provide clarification on this, but there's a maximum of 10 things anyway. So the earliest subs will hit their limit in 24 months :) If it's continued, I will also be surprised if the offer includes the Zen Core based stuff..

I've installed the Roland Manager again for the first time in quite a while, we'll see how it goes. I still don't like that it checks every once in a while and has the possibility to become unauthorized without warning due to not being online or even a problem on their end though. I had a day or two last year where I couldn't use them because their servers were messed up I guess. I think if it's installed and authorized it shouldn't need to again unless I install more products.

Without loyality deal I am not interested in Roland cloud at all... That deal was the only reason to take a subscription into consideration. Very strange kind of marketing imo Roland could learn from Plugin Alliance how to win customers, but Roland's glorious days were in the past anyway, lots of other products to choose now

Return to “Instruments”