2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm yeah that zoia is a thing of beauty!
that microcosm looks nice, but waiting lists?
do they know who i am??? :hihi:
With the mrs b-day coming, I'm okay with the waiting list ensuring I will not die an early death. And I don't think I could bring myself to Homer Simpson it up (bowling ball) without a similar result. So many important lessons learned from cartoons.
can i recommend an alex delarge living dead doll? thats what im thinking of for the missus in august :shrug:
or possibly a patrick bateman pop. (or probably both)

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:57 pm
elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm yeah that zoia is a thing of beauty!
that microcosm looks nice, but waiting lists?
do they know who i am??? :hihi:
With the mrs b-day coming, I'm okay with the waiting list ensuring I will not die an early death. And I don't think I could bring myself to Homer Simpson it up (bowling ball) without a similar result. So many important lessons learned from cartoons.
can i recommend an alex delarge living dead doll? thats what im thinking of for the missus in august :shrug:
or possibly a patrick bateman pop. (or probably both)
She still gives me a look (not a good one) after picking up a Loot Crate "creepy" box at NYCC... 5 years ago. I still don't know what to do with the contents of it.

usually wear or display, the options aren't that varied.

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:09 pm couple of doepfer modules, a cross fader and a cross fader/panner.
they only had one of each.
A-134-2? Those are super useful. One of my favorite Doepfer modules.

justin3am wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:27 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:09 pm couple of doepfer modules, a cross fader and a cross fader/panner.
they only had one of each.
A-134-2? Those are super useful. One of my favorite Doepfer modules.
yup and an a-134-1, could do with a couple of each really, but will do for now.
plenty of other bits too...

couple of matrix mixers could be useful.

looking at a couple of mutable instruments bits, tides, links and kinks.

but nothing concrete yet,

and tracking says the fun can be had tomorrow :wheee:

vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm usually wear or display, the options aren't that varied.
I was holding onto them in case they became worth selling later, but prices have not changed in 5 years much.

Once I feel comfortable getting out in this overpopulated city I'll send you the Edith Cushing (w/blood) Pop. I think you'll enjoy it more.

There's also a chuck figure in there, but its not a Funko Pop.

elxsound wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:57 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:18 pm usually wear or display, the options aren't that varied.
I was holding onto them in case they became worth selling later, but prices have not changed in 5 years much.

Once I feel comfortable getting out in this overpopulated city I'll send you the Edith Cushing (w/blood) Pop. I think you'll enjoy it more.

There's also a chuck figure in there, but its not a Funko Pop.
norris? :o :lol:

ill assume chuckie?
and ooh thanks :)
but yeah, no risks!!!

Chuckie!

I had coffee for the first time since December... Good thing I don't have to type anything important today!

ordered about 3pm yestetday, arrived before 11 am today, not at all bad for free delivery.
could have paid an extra 10er to get it pre 10am :hihi:

Debating if it would be a bad idea to pre-order one of these just as I'm going to be out of work for
a while... :D

https://waldorfmusic.com/en/iridium

pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:33 am Debating if it would be a bad idea to pre-order one of these just as I'm going to be out of work for
so, more time to play :D

New arrival just now from schneidersladen.de

Looking cool alongside the new M.Brane 11 and Digitakt. I'll be sampling these two over the weekend but will be controlling both via midi from the Digitakt for live

I went for an Intellijel Planar 2, like I probably should have when they first came out.

Also a custom snake with 6 1/4" to 3.5mm cables, to replace the hodgepodge of unshielded patch cables and adapters that I'm currently using. The interference the old ones were picking up pretty much gets washed into my music anyway, but this will be a lot tidier and cooler :D

vurt wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:43 am
pekbro wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:33 am Debating if it would be a bad idea to pre-order one of these just as I'm going to be out of work for
so, more time to play :D
Yeah, my thoughts as well... Will it interfere with bill payments, or does it mean you now have time to properly/thoroughly enjoy your purchase?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”