Korg wavestate

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wavestate SE in development for anyone that moaned about lack of aftertouch or not having enough keys...

https://youtu.be/uG-lZ2O5DaQ

dogzilla wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:15 pm Wavestate SE in development for anyone that moaned about lack of aftertouch or not having enough keys...

https://youtu.be/uG-lZ2O5DaQ
Not interested in a bigger keyboard, but this makes me more optimistic about a desktop versionsof the Wavestate and by extension the OP6 and Modwave :tu:
Always Read the Manual!

Gonna get it.

People asking for proper sized keyboards, there it is.

Have the original wavestation i can now finally get the new version as it has 61 keys and aftertouch. The original was $2600 1990,s money i hope it is a reasonable price

Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oof, gonna be twice the price of current Wavestate ($1599 expected street price)...

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:02 am Oof, gonna be twice the price of current Wavestate ($1599 expected street price)...
Ouch. At that price I would be looking at other things to spend my money on. Shame because at say ~$1100 USD I would have been tempted.

Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's probably 1:1 to the 37-key Wavestate, really.

Seems rather a large jump in price. There's only $60 in it between the 37 and 61 key Argon/Cobalt8 variants...
Always Read the Manual!

The only difference are a few extra keys, aftertouch and some metal knobs! I would not expect it to be more than 150 extra, thr R&D is already paid for, they may even put it out at the original WS price and lower the little one (they seem to be selling for about 150 less than when they came out anyway- 520 UK)

The fact that they have said they are working on a full computer editor is good news as well.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The chassis is also aluminium and not plastic. Still, not worth a $900 uptake.

Hopefully they've updated the keybed, I owned the Original Wavestate for a short time ,and it was by far the worst feeling synth action I've ever felt in a Korg synth.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

a 3 engine Wavestate, OP6 and Modwave in one board, now that would be attractive to the space poor like me....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”